Page 1 of 2
ok ...

i have a dell laptop with an intel core 2 duo processor running the centrino platform. as of right now, i've ran ubuntu, windows 7 and windows vista on this computer.

right now i'm bored of this:

i want to move on to something different ...

sooooooooo, i'll be this to turn this into this.

and now i'm over here preparing for this epic hack while updating you guys about it.

stay tuned!
Sent from my iPad.
why not just buy a ****in mac?
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!
Quote by Axe Samurai
Yeah man just buy a Mac if you actually want OS X like. (even though i myself prefer windows to mac)

So anyway, man learn how to partition your hard drive and set it up as a windows + mac dual boot?

If you think your hacker enough to do that.

you don't have to be a hacker to do that, mac comes with a program called Boot Camp that does it for you. its as easy as clicking "ok" a few times.
Any OS will work given the correct hardware and any computer that runs vista can do it! Good idea by the way, one of my friends did the same and it worked grand.
Quote by GODhimself37

Macintosh: ~$2000

Hackintosh: FREE
Ubuntu is awesome. I'm running Jaunty Jackalope on my laptop and it works great. Linux is great and everything is free.
Quote by i_don't_know

$2000? exaggeration much? you can buy a macbook pro right now, brand new, on apples website for ~$1300

?
Quote by frankv
Tokio Hotel is probably the worst thing Germany has produced since WW2.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you don't have to be a hacker to do that, mac comes with a program called Boot Camp that does it for you. its as easy as clicking "ok" a few times.

I know that myself, but i used the term jokingly as the OP has posted a thread boasting about this, and also said he is waiting on an "epic hack"

My use of "hacker" was just a joke.
Well, I'm not tech savvy or anything, but hey, I can dig it! Go for it.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
good luck, Hackintosh is not an easy task to undertake.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
$2000? exaggeration much? you can buy a macbook pro right now, brand new, on apples website for ~$1300

But then you have to factor in the cost of essential proprietary programs.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Why would you want to devolve a PC into a Mac?

because i'm bored.

i still get to keep windows, by the way.

well, that just seems unnecessary.
Yeah man just buy a Mac if you actually want OS X like. (even though i myself prefer windows to mac)

So anyway, learn how to partition your hard drive and set it up as a windows + mac dual boot?

If you think your hacker enough to do that.

i'm hax0rz enough to do anything to my computer

i know what i'm doing, guys.

besides, it isn't my computer anyway .

and i have to wait for a silly 3.66 gb download .

stupid obsolete-good-for-nothing dsl connection.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
because i'm bored.

i still get to keep windows, by the way.

well, that just seems unnecessary.

i'm hax0rz enough to do anything to my computer

i know what i'm doing, guys.

besides, it isn't my computer anyway .

and i have to wait for a silly 3.66 gb download .

stupid obsolete-good-for-nothing dsl connection.

If anything, if you were truly "hax0rz" enough you should be able to download and build Linux.
I've said this many times and I'll keep saying it: DON'T DO IT!!

The modified distros of OSX are NOT WORTH INSTALLING!!! They barely function, are for demo purposes, and are complete pains to set up even if you have all the luck in the world!!! If you're bored, go mess around with Linux...leave OSX on the Mac's.

I speak from personal experience and also from reading lots of other experiences.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by i_don't_know
But then you have to factor in the cost of essential proprietary programs.

I've been on a mac for 3 years, I've never had to buy anything other than Iwork.

Quote by Twisted Magnum

Why would you want to devolve a PC into a Mac?

probably because mac is superior to a lot of people?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by i_don't_know

It is absolutely not free. It costs your time, patience, comfort, and bowel stability.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides

These stupid computer wars are almost religious in how blind and ignorant you people are.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Last edited by Xiaoxi at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
I've been on a mac for 3 years, I've never had to buy anything other than Iwork.

Apart from the fact that Mac OS has fewer viruses targeted toward it, Macs are in NO WAY superior to PC's, and certainly not Linux.

Not even close.
Quote by Xiaoxi

These stupid computer wars are almost religious in how blind and ignorant you people are.

i believe i said "TO A LOT OF PEOPLE" which is true. why do you think people buy macs over PCs? because they think they're better.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i believe i said "TO A LOT OF PEOPLE" which is true. why do you think people buy macs over PCs? because they think they're better.

Okay, sorry.

But yea...these things are so frustratingly stupid.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
lol
i know you admitted that the thread was poorly named by including 'hac'

but for the love if god what was the point of posting this ??!?!?!?!?

oh and i like your claim to be cool.. ie 'hax0rz' lol *sigh*

oh and no hax0rz would build a linux OS from the ground up... the term itself means people who find weaknesses in other peoples programs.... for good or for bad purposes (black/white hat)
Lepracauns Forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
why not just get a mac computer if you want to run os x? i can't see the mac platform working very well on a pc.

It works fine on a PC.
Quote by ChickenIsGood
It works fine on a PC.

What do you base this on?

I've personally done the whole thing on a few different computers. Pretty much none of them were fully operational because of extremely limited hardware compatibility. The distros themselves state that they are intended for demonstration, with many aspects of the OS disabled or not available.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
i like the way everything is set up on a mac better, and macs just look cooler lol. But I don't think it's worth possibly making your computer slower and f*cking other stuff up to get that setup.
To everyone starting Mac v PC flamewars in a thread made by a Pit mod,

Good luck, TS, though I doubt it works well in the end.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by ChickenIsGood

That says nothing about OSX on PC. It's another retarded "debate".

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi
That says nothing about OSX on PC. It's another retarded "debate".

When you buy a Mac the OS is covered in the price point. They make all the money on the hardware allowing for a activation free OS, because they wont loose money. Not to mention they make even more cash on all the Software you buy after that. It's a money roll. Very clever from a business stand point.
Exactly. The Macintosh hardware needs to be present to install the OS, so the OS is effectively protected by the world's biggest hardware dongle. (Until it got cracked to run on clone hardware.)

Did you even read through it?
Page 1 of 2