ok, this came up with me and my friend today and i thought id at least see if the idea is workable.

would it be possible to take guitar effects, ie stompboxes, and consolidate them into smaller versions (or not, if small enough) and put them directly into a guitar body? i know its been done with such things like a kaoss pad and boosts (PRS and fender do this on some models), but would it be possible to say, put a phase 90 or delay directly in the guitar?
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Technically yes, but think of all the knobs you would need to drill holes for, and you most likely would need to route out more space for the circuit board. And would it not be easier just to have said effects at your feet?
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
yes
http://sheepshape.co.uk

Gretsch White Falcon

Fender Volume-Tone
TC Electronic Polytune
Digitech Whammy
Vox V847-A
Ibanez TS9
Menatone Red Snapper
Marshall EH1
Boss DD7
Boss CE5
GLX NG100
EHX Cathedral
Vox AC15CC1
George L's
EBow
Quote by Dawginator
Technically yes, but think of all the knobs you would need to drill holes for, and you most likely would need to route out more space for the circuit board. And would it not be easier just to have said effects at your feet?

i had thought of that. you would also need either a long power chord or internal power supply. i was thinking of simple effects like a phase, with just an on off switch (or even a push pull pot), something you wouldnt be bothered to put in an effects chain.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Kaoss pad ftmfw.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
GFS sells on-board effects. They're not very good, but they sell them. I've also heard of people doing almost exactly what you said and it worked fine.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Maybe.
<.<
>.>
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
I put a boost in an old strat copy last week. If you need room, do what I did; block off the trem and put everything in the trem cavity where the springs would've been.
That way you just have to take off the back cover to change batteries, instead of taking off the whole pickguard.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
I know Matt Bellamy has a Phase 90, a Fuzz Factory, and a Kaoss Pad in one of his guitars, and Robin Finck (NIN) has a signature Schecter Tempest coming out with a built in wah and compressor. It's definitely possible, but I don't know how it would be done.
guitar fetish modboards allow you to put effects in your guitar. they are really good!
-Jake Blackwood
Check this LP.
It has everything you'll ever need ;]
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Quote by Little_Buster
Check this LP.

Cort? 'cos i know in the 80's Cort produced a line of guitars with built in effects called the under the Effector Series.
I know Matt Bellamy from Muse has a Phase 90 and Fuzz Face built directly into his guitars. Read up on his Manson custom guitars.
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by wiliscool
I put a boost in an old strat copy last week. If you need room, do what I did; block off the trem and put everything in the trem cavity where the springs would've been.
That way you just have to take off the back cover to change batteries, instead of taking off the whole pickguard.

that is actually a really good idea, i'll have to try that when i get my strat.

Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
hey what kind of guitar is this like what are the details on it...what year and ect...some one gave me that same guitar a while back and ive been wondering what kind of guitar it is but couldn't tell because there wasn't a name on it.

Quote by Little_Buster
Check this LP.
I made a thread on here recently about the practicality of doing something like this.

If you get a delay pedal, and put it in your strat, you can no longer use your delay pedal on any other guitar.

Now this is just fine If you only have- and only plan to have- one guitar. this is also helpful if you tend to be fairly moblile on stage and don't want to have to go back to your efects chain to go from clean to dist.
no sir away a papaya war is on
surely the other issue is FX order. Having a wah or some form of dirt pedal built into your guitar is fine as you want them near the beginning of your signal chain. However modulation and especially delay very first isn't the best of ideas generally speaking!!
Very possible, just hard due to lack of space.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

A knob Wah just sounds... bad... I mean, how are you going to turn the nob and pick notes at the same time? I'm thinking that one needs to be a pedal.
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
There is a bunch of room under a pickgaurd for a strat.
As for a les paul I took out one of the humbuckers on my epiphone and did it
Well, if you only ever play with that one...

Two pickups makes your guitar more versatile, not better. If you only ever use that one, tone-wise, it's doing nothing more than looking pretty
Art is Vice. You don't marry it legitimately, you rape it...
-Edgar Degas
Quote by azn_guitarist25
Cort? 'cos i know in the 80's Cort produced a line of guitars with built in effects called the under the Effector Series.

i think that's the 60s Kay I was going to trade for but the asshole sold it out from under me. then it showed up on UK ebay a few months later.