I am getting a new guitar soon, and i am torn between the Schecter Tempest Blackjack and the Schecter C-1FR Blackjack. I have played on both, and i love them both, but i don't know what to get, so if someone could give me some input, i'd be grateful.

Blackjack Tempest:

Pros:

- Very Nice Look
- Very Nice Tone

Cons:

- Scale is only 24.75
- 22 Frets

C-1FR:

Pros:

- Very Nice Tone
- Floyd Rose
- 25.5 Scale
- 22 Frets

Cons:

- I dislike the position of the 3way switch... alot
- The body style is kinda boring, it's a classic style that i like, but the Tempest has much more appeal to it

So idk what to do. The C-1FR seems like the better choice, but i am so drawn to the look of the Tempest. Does anyone have a 2nd opinion for me?
Get the C1 since the cons aren't that bad. The cons for the Tempest are playability and that's very important. You probably won't be changing pickup positions often anyway.
I would go with the c-1fr because its got the floyd rose and also because the others three way is even harder to switch while playing, but i like both body types
Never sacrifice tone, feel, or features for looks. Having it all is the goal but aesthetics don't help you make music.

How often would you use a Floyd Rose? If you think you'll use it fairly often, I would pick the C-1. I'd say the FR is the biggest difference between the guitars.

24 frets isn't necessarily a huge advantage. You move the neck pickup away from a great spot tone-wise to gain a little easier navigation and two notes. (Only the high E string has notes you couldn't otherwise play. The extra frets can make some phrases easier to play though.) I would only make it a priority if you think you'll need the extra frets regularly.

24¾" scale can be an advantage. Sounds a little chunkier and moves the frets closer together. It can also sound muddier than a 25½" neck and get cramped on the higher notes. I've got guitars with both, I've never really made it a big point.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
That Ibanez is ridiculous. 27 frets is 100% unnecessary.

As far as tone goes, they both sounded about the same, probably due to using the same pickups, but i would like to use the FR. I don't NEED one, as i don't have one atm, but i think it would be a nice addition. Plus the guitars are the same price.

Edit: I would NEVER buy an Ibanez. I don't know why, but i just hate them. I am, however, a HUGE schecter fan.
I see you already have several stoptail guitars. I'd get the C-1 with Floyd Rose then.
Just wait until you start dropping $1899 for a guitar. Then it seems cheap.
I Guess, but you don't NEED to spend that much on a guitar.

Back to the thread topic, where can i get a 2009 Blackjack Edition of the C-1? Is there some hidden button that will take me to the store on Schecters website, or am i going to have to go to ebay or musicians friend etc etc?
why is having 22 frets a con for the first guitar and its a pro for the other one?
Always Rock!
Quote by Knightmare444
I Guess, but you don't NEED to spend that much on a guitar.

That depends on what you want. I have 50 year old whiskey tastes, the guitar equivalent of a Bud Light doesn't do it for me. (though my budget is more Bud Light than, say, Glenlivet XXV) I'll never be satisfied with it. So I save my shekels and buy expensive stuff, rather than waste time being disappointed in more moderately priced guitars.

Most of my neighbors do fine with beer though.
Quote by Knightmare444
I would NEVER buy an Ibanez. I don't know why, but i just hate them. I am, however, a HUGE schecter fan.

God, soo many people are like that, lol its rather annoying. For the price ibanez are normally amazing guitars. Schecters are nice aswell.
<3
Why is 22 frets a con for the first one, and a pro for the second one?

edit: beaten + beat some other guy () and we still have no answer.
Quote by kwidjibo1
oh really? i didnt know children of bodom were better than a band far more famous and popular than them, cheers for the update

Quote by Mr.Maccy
Your from the states. I end my case.
Last edited by Sopheydood at Jun 26, 2009,
I had a bad experience with an Ibanez. My uncle has like 16/17 guitars (literally) and a few were Ibanez. I played one through a Marshall MV, and nothing but buzz, so i switched to a Fender combo amp and still buzz. So i tried a different guitar, still an Ibanez, and the neck snapped in two when i tried picking it up. :S

My uncle has the Tempest Classic, and it is amazing, and i played the C-1 at a local music store, and now i am here. lol
Quote by Knightmare444

As far as tone goes, they both sounded about the same, probably due to using the same pickups, but i would like to use the FR. I don't NEED one, as i don't have one atm, but i think it would be a nice addition. Plus the guitars are the same price.

Edit: I would NEVER buy an Ibanez. I don't know why, but i just hate them. I am, however, a HUGE schecter fan.

If you love Schecters, with their necks, an Ibanez is the last guitar you want. However, 27 frets gives you better access to the other 24.