Recently my fingers got a lot slower. I used to play pretty fast but now my fingers are a lot slower and sloppy. What can be the cause of this? Over doing it maybe? I play more than 4 hours a day. So what could it be?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
It could also be that you were never really that fast or clean and now it's just coming back at you.

You know it's...

SAD BUT TRUE!

daaaaaaaaaa dun dun
dadadadadada daaaaaaaaaaa....

This is probably the case though
Your muscles and tendons need a break, just take a day or two off and every 30 minutes when your playing cool down for 5 minutes and stretch.
Taking a break wouldn't hurt. Then practice again, putting emphasis on accuracy at first. Then speed up.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.
Alright it's going to be hard to take a couple day break. Also if I play like 4+ hours a day is there a way I could damage anything?
Quote by Splagl
Alright it's going to be hard to take a couple day break. Also if I play like 4+ hours a day is there a way I could damage anything?

...no.... In no way could excessive use of any bodily part result in physical harm.....
Quote by mamosa
...no.... In no way could excessive use of any bodily part result in physical harm.....

clearly, you've never participated in a masturbation marathon.
Quote by toyboxmonster
clearly, you've never participated in a masturbation marathon.

AHEM! Let me direct you to a thread I made under a different username

Mods, he is not a multi of mine it is a joke.
Haha that happened to my right thumb from texting a god-awful amount.
Just take a break.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.