I made the switch from MIM Strats and Blues Jr.
To Epi Les Paul, Blackstar 5w, and Vox 4w amps.

The sound I am getting is what I always wanted.
Just playing a ton, haven't tried any of my pedals.

Which of my pedals will be good with the new
gear and which ones will I be getting rid of?

TS-9 OCD DS-1 Crunchbox Rat2 BigfMuff.

Thanks.
Last edited by KBaird at Jun 25, 2009,
Keep either the TS9 or OCD, your preference, and sell the rest..... Tube distortion is all you need.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
the ts9 and ocd are fine to keep. You might want to get a noise reducer/suppressor , but thats just me.
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
I'd personally keep the Rat, the Fulltone and possibly the TS9. I don't quite see the point if you have the both a fuzz and an OD pedal already, but it could be worth experimenting with.

Any of those pedals will work fine with the Blackstar and the Vox. Probably better with the Vox, although I haven't tried that particular model yet.

As mentioned, having all that noise, a supressor or an EQ might be in order. Otherwise, get a Carl Martin Red Repeat or a Voodoo Lab Tremolo.
Keep all the pedals. You never know if youll want a different tone for a different song or something. If anything, keep the Muff and the OCD
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Keep all the pedals. You never know if youll want a different tone for a different song or something.

agreed wholeheartedly. Unless you're desperate for the money, you're unlikely to make much back on any of those pedals, bar the boutique ones (which are probably the ones you'll be most likely to want to hang onto ). Distortion and fuzz pedals work fine with tube amps, too, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks for the ideas.

I did like the TS-9 and OCD with the old gear.
I hadn't really played the rat or muff much.
Too many pedals I guess.