Hi!

Are the string holder blocks all alike or are they different in each saddle? I recently removed all of them and didn't put them back the same, I think I have more fret buzz
Last edited by mtjs at Jun 25, 2009,
u have no right, to ur own sig. thats all im sayin'
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
EDIT: and you stole my saying? fine then, no help.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Last edited by f22master at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by f22master

Look, when I made it through a hard time seting up my Floyd, I remembered a quote from here, so I wrote it down. I didn't know who the author was so I wrote it in " ". I'm sorry...
you have even less right to your sig. LOL
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Quote by f22master

dont be a douche, as far as we know, you may not even have made that quote.

to the TS, in a flyod, i know for sure there is a special bridge piece for each string. it's a bitch to figure out once it's all mixed up. otherwise you get horrid buzz on some strings, or unusually high action on others
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by mtjs
Look, when I made it through a hard time seting up my Floyd, I remembered a quote from here, so I wrote it down. I didn't know who the author was so I wrote it in " ". I'm sorry...

ok. you put it in a quote with my name and ill pu back up what was in my post.

K?

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
the lock blocks IN the saddle or the saddle itself? the lock blocks are all the same but the saddles are different sizes. shortest (in height) on the outside (low and high e) mid level (A and B) and then the highest in the middle (D and G). it gives it a radius to follow the F.B. radius.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Those are all the same. The buzzing comes from two things.

A.) Your neck might be a little warped. Truss rod Adjustment Ensues....(<<<Probably not option A.)

Check and see if your neck is straight, If it isn't, I'd suggest t taking it to your local shop and letting a tech fix it. If your neck is strait then...

B.) Your action is a touch to low. (probably this one) Just turn the trem post (Counter-clockwise) for each respective side of the bridge you want to raise, You can raise the action until it stops buzzing and it feels right for you. Just mess around with it a bit...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
^they are NOT all the same.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
^they are NOT all the same.

Are we talking about the same thing?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
i think so.

TS, are you talking about the black locking blocks INSIDE the saddle.

or the intire saddle?

the blocks are the same, the saddles come in 3 sizes.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Thank you! I'll go and visit the guitar tech to adjust my truss rod and action.
You only need to adjust then truss rod if your neck is warped, which you can usually see.

And f22master, yeh I was talking about the blocks inside the saddle.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by mtjs
Thank you! I'll go and visit the guitar tech to adjust my truss rod and action.

wait wut? i thought we were talking about saddles??? why does it need to be aken to a tech? cant you adjust it your self? because its VERY simple.

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
wait wut? i thought we were talking about saddles??? why does it need to be aken to a tech? cant you adjust it your self? because its VERY simple.

No, he was saying that he thought it was buzzing because he switched the blocks, not the saddle's themselves. I told him it was either because his neck was warped or the action was to low.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
ahh, but cant he adjust the action? why spend like $65 (FR setup price at GC) to get a tech to do something you could have done yourself in a few minutes?

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by f22master
ahh, but cant he adjust the action? why spend like $65 (FR setup price at GC) to get a tech to do something you could have done yourself in a few minutes?

I know... I told him to check and see if the neck was strait, And if it was, to just raise the action a little, but if it wasn't to take it to a tech so they could adjust the neck. I have no idea about this guy's experience with working on guitars and didn't want to be responsible for him snapping his neck in half. But he never said if his neck was strait or not...

TS is your neck warped or not?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Okay, the saddles blocks were the last think I thought of before I will take my guitar to the tech.

I highered the pivot studs or screws, 6th string was 3mm at 12th fret, I still had buzz at open frets, in the manual it says that it should be 2mm without fret buzz or minimal fret buzz.

My tremolo is paralel with the body, everything is set up correctly. I did a check also if its the truss rod, I don't have no bow on my neck. I think I should realy take it to the local guitar shop, the guy there is nice . I'm also going to ask him to change the straps to EB straplocks.