When you sweep a shape, say like this common minor shape
------------------13-17-13-------------------------
-------------15---------------15--------------------
---------14------------------------14---------------
-----15---------------------------------15----------
-17-------------------------------------------17----
-------------------------------------------------------
But without Picking hand muting, how much excess noise should there be?

I have this shape down perfect and cleanly when playing it with right hand muting, but Im just wondering how much noise there is without the right hand muting.

This doesn't apply to just that shape, but all sweeping in general.

Edit: At around 20Notes per second, Do experience Excess noise Without Picking hand muting?
Last edited by Life Is Brutal at Jun 25, 2009,
what do you mean? there shouldn't be any noise. ever. now, we can't all eliminate all noise, but we should act as if all excess noise is impermissible.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I sweep a lot without using palm mute and theres no noise, i find that it even sounds better !! but its a bit harder bcause if u hit a string randomly, it will do lotta noise
It's perfectly possible for me to do it with no excess noise without right hand muting at a nice slow tempo in my room with my fave guitar and no pressure. IRL you want to be able to have as many safeguards as possible.
I can't play it that fast, but I can't play it fast without noise. Plus, now you've changed the original post, you're only going to get bull****ters who think they can sweep 20nps in here answering you. Have fun.
Quote by Freepower
I can't play it that fast, but I can't play it fast without noise. Plus, now you've changed the original post, you're only going to get bull****ters who think they can sweep 20nps in here answering you. Have fun.

Well IDC anymore anyway. Of course i can play it clean at like 10 NPS without muting, but when you get to that shred speed I need muting.

And Yeah, I should've been a bit clearer with it.