http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/pearl-rhythm-traveler/2573

what do you think? my friend is buying this, looks like it'll be good for him to start out on. Thing is we are in a band so do you think we could do small gigs with it? plus...plastic cymbals?
let me put it this way... he can either spend 330 euros and get a decent PRACTICE drum set. or he could invest a couple more dollars and buy a real, better drum set
sim simma

who got the keys to my beema
I wouldn't gig that if it was the last kit on earth. For a giggable kit, you want to spend probably £1500ish.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by druggietoad2k5
I wouldn't gig that if it was the last kit on earth. For a giggable kit, you want to spend probably £1500ish.

That price is a tad extortionate, actually its ridiculous. You could get a nice set for about £500
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Wait, you're in a band, but he doesn't have a drum kit and he hasn't played before?

Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
If it is purely to start out on then that's fine...

but for gigs, that's a big no-no
Oh f*ck it,
I'm gonna have a party.
I had the blankest year,
I watched life turn into a TV show.
It was totally weird.
Pearls seem to be just paying for the name. He could take his money to a different place and get a better kit for the same amount.
no....buy a mapex, best bang for your buck FO SHO!!!!
MAPEX, MAPEX, MAPEX!!!!!!
thats a **** drum set. have him put some money in just the cans then buy the hardware and cymbals separately.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
I've been on Gretsch, Mapex, TAMA, Ddrum, Ludwig, Pearl, and Taye kits...and I have to say I would go with a Gretsch(Which is why I did). If I had enough money I would have went home with the Tama and Ludwig kits I tried out as well, they were all equally good, just the Gretsch came as a 6 piece and in a nice natural color as well.

The Tamas I tried out were the Imperialstar, Superstar Hyperdrive, and the 8 piece Rockstar, The Imperialstar was great for a budget kit, wasn't bad at all (I believe one of them was my first kit, can't remember if it was a rockstar or the imperial) with some moongels and a dampening ring it was sounding like a studio kit.

The Hyperdrive was the awesomeness out of them all, just the store owner tried to jew me out of the 12 inch tom and the 16 inch floor tom (leaving me with a 4 piece fusion set up) so I didn't get that, but if the store owner wasn't such a douche, I would be banging around on a Superstar.

The Rockstar was a nice budget kit as well for its size, but once again, Birch shells don't compare to maple or bubinga.

Everything else sort of just blended in, sure, all good kits but they were just good kits, nothing to set them apart from eachother besides the logos.

The Gretsch I bought was $750.00 for the 6 piece maple, which is a really good value if you ask me. The Hyperdrive I would have left with except for the store owner being a dick was around $950.00 with the shells. Both had amazing projection, just the SS had a better look. However, if you find a Ludwig thats budget priced, try it out before going for the more expensive tone.
Quote by mcrocks
I mean, some people still think that Rap is music, although that's been scientifically discredited.
I'm not a drummer or anything but the set doesn't look the best if I were him, I would go used you can get some nice used stuff from guitar center... I'm not sure if they have a good drum set though, probably do but I haven't looked.
Quote by Xeus
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/pearl-rhythm-traveler/2573

what do you think? my friend is buying this, looks like it'll be good for him to start out on. Thing is we are in a band so do you think we could do small gigs with it? plus...plastic cymbals?
It would have to be a small gig, or you'd need to mic it. Even with the regular heads instead of the practice heads, this kit doesn't project well.

The tone is actually very good.
And the hardware is better than you'd expect, for the price.
A friend of mine's brother owned one of those.
I played it, and was impressed.
The drums are sized to all nest inside one another. It all fits in 2 gig bags.
Very easy to transport.

The cymbals aren't plastic.
They're metal and have a removable rubber pad for practice.
But the cymbals do suck. He'll definitely want something better.
And no throne.

Not a bad little kit.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.