Hey,

Basically, my first ever dog just died this morning. I'm pretty cut up right now
He was a Golden Retriever called Sunny (see below). Towards the end, we kinda knew it was coming, he struggled to walk, couldn't control his bladder, and had cancer too. He was on steroids for the last few months but that was just delaying the inevitable really.

What really sucks is that i'm on a gap year in Canada while my dog is back at home in England so I never even got to say goodbye. I feel so guilty, my Mum told me on the phone this afternoon . My question for you folks is, what would be a good way to remember him? I want a tattoo relating to him, not his face, or a paw print, but maybe a quote, his name and dates etc...

Anyone have any ideas? This isn't a spur of the moment thing, ever since he started getting ill i have said i'm getting a tattoo for him, he was the best friend I ever had.

Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
The worlds fu cked up and we lit the fuse, its all used up what you gonna do?
Have a picture of the sun with his face in it.

Forgive my PS skills I haven't done anything with it for 2 years.
Last edited by Twisted Magnum at Jun 25, 2009,
My dog died because some asshole ran over her, I really sympathize. I miss her everyday. Do whatever as long as you're remembering him.
Quote by Twisted Magnum

That's kind of a cool idea
And I'm sorry about your dog man
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Last edited by MusicMan24 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum

this, or have a sun rising, and in the shadow on the land, have his face
and sorry about losing your dog, it's always tough losing a family member and a friend
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Last edited by Koshman32 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum

it's a good idea, but the color of the sun and his face are too similar. i actually say put his head (neck up) in a framed black background, or maybe just dark blue.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
I like the previous ideas, but simple can be better. " R.I.P Sunny, date-date"
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
have like a portrait of him and put a ribbon across it saying his name and wen he died or if you dont want like a portrait just get a famous quote or any quote that described him
╔══╗╔══╦╗╔══╦╗═╬╔╦═╦══╗
║═╬╠╩╗╔╬╣║╔═╣╚╦═╬╣╚╬╗╔╝
║╔╗║║║║║║║╚═╣║║╔╣╠╗║║║║
╚╝╚╩╩╩╝╚╝╚══╩╩╩╝╚╩═╝╚╝╬

Some kind of sun setting with RIP Sunny (or screw the text and let people ask what it means)
just have a sun and maybe the dates..aslong as you know what it is but doesnt look crappy like a huge dog face on your back you can remember ..
Just get a good artist cuz...

I'm not sure you want that to happen.
Gear:

Agile AL-3000, Tribal Blue
Ibanez ART100, Silver
Gibson Epoch Les Paul
Cordoba C5 Classical
Peavey MX-VTX 130
Crate XT-120R
Digitech RP90

Check out my band: Come Forth
On myspace: Come Forth TX
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Advice Dog...

I shat brix
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
Im sorry about your dog I know how you feel, I lost one of my dogs last year that I had since I was 4. I loved that dog so much. Her brother, whos still alive, hasn't been the same since then.

But I really don't know how you would do a quote, unless you did something like

Bark, bark - Sunny

I'd say get a tattoo of his face with his name written really nice below it.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
I kind of like the idea of a paw print, but it's your choice. I respect that you want to get a tattoo to remember your dog, but if you have to come to strangers to ask their advice it's probably not a good idea in the long run.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
how bout you get an actual dog collar tattooed around your neck with his actual dog tags...my cousin got a rosary not too long ago and it actually looks pretty cool so that's the same basic idea
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Quote by puppetmaster93
Just get a good artist cuz...

I'm not sure you want that to happen.

Please dont tell me thats on your arm....
Thanks for all your responses, it helps.

Maybe I could go for his face, on my calf muscle perhaps?

Quote by Twisted Magnum
Check out the tattoo I made in original post!

That idea is actually pretty cool. Thanks man.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
There's been sooo many threads done on this; I don't even wanna hear that you used the searchbar. Staring at it and giggling does not count.
Last edited by Supertait at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Twisted Magnum
Check out the tattoo I made in original post!

That would be impossible to do with a real tattoo. I would never recommend getting real life animal or person's face on your body unless you get a VERY good artist. You will just be disappointed if it doesn't match your memories of him.
Quote by EddZeppelin
That would be impossible to do with a real tattoo. I would never recommend getting real life animal or person's face on your body unless you get a VERY good artist. You will just be disappointed if it doesn't match your memories of him.

I realise that. I would make damn sure i found the best artist I could before I went ahead with a portrait. Thats one of the reasons I said i wanted maybe something simpler.
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Quote by Twisted Magnum

Forgive my PS skills I haven't done anything with it for 2 years.

I like this..and maybe have whatever quote or wording you had in mind with it. Sorry about your dog
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by Supertait
My question for you folks is, what would be a good way to remember him? I want a tattoo relating to him, not his face, or a paw print, but maybe a quote, his name and dates etc...
imho, ink is just meh.

remember him in your heart.

... and when you talk to other dog owners.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Kind of an idea I had after the Tattoo threads tonight, heres an update for anyone who may interested...just to show that not all tattoos are meaningless crap

Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Grief dwindles down over time. I'm not saying that what you're feeling isn't real or it isn't bad, but all emotional pain settles down with times. You'll think about your dog a lot for the next few months, then, one day, you're going to wake up and not think about him for one whole day. Then, a few weeks later, you'll go a whole week.

Eventually, you'll think about him only once in a while, but instead of thinking about him with a lot of pain, you'll remember him with a sort of happiness.

A tattoo will stay with you forever, forcing you to always remember him. Forgetfulness is a blessing mate.

I'd say neigh to the idea of a tattoo.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Supertait
Kind of an idea I had after the Tattoo threads tonight, heres an update for anyone who may interested...just to show that not all tattoos are meaningless crap

*sunny*

That looks pretty good, are you pleased with it?
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Cool man.

Remembrance tats are one of the best reasons to have one.
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
Grief dwindles down over time. I'm not saying that what you're feeling isn't real or it isn't bad, but all emotional pain settles down with times. You'll think about your dog a lot for the next few months, then, one day, you're going to wake up and not think about him for one whole day. Then, a few weeks later, you'll go a whole week.

Eventually, you'll think about him only once in a while, but instead of thinking about him with a lot of pain, you'll remember him with a sort of happiness.

A tattoo will stay with you forever, forcing you to always remember him. Forgetfulness is a blessing mate.

You just failed hard. Check out the post that bumped this thread.
PM me for newts
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

I know what you mean but here's the thing... In 10 years time I probably won't feel the same loss I feel now, but It will remind me of a certain part of my life, and something that meant a hell of a lot to me during that time

Quote by EnyoAdonai
That looks pretty good, are you pleased with it?

Thanks! Yes I'm extremely happy with it. Nice to know he will always be with me!
Quote by n to the k
^ you are wise

Quote by Maus24
Last edited by Supertait at Aug 17, 2009,