I just wrote some really mellow, relaxing, fun to play jazz material. But the problem is.....it's impossible for me to think of any words or, hell, even any sort of melody. Does anyone have any jazz songs to recommend me with standout lyrics and vocal melodies?
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Well, if you're really all empty, why don't do instrumentals?
More space for the instruments.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
if your in unfamiliar territory, just remember that jazz vocals are typically more contemporary. think bluesy and more classical. listen to my funny valentine
I've always thought "As Time Goes By" is one hell of a beautiful song.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Quote by stevenpollock

Yep, I'm definitely going to sig that.
Quote by stevenpollock
I've always supported the idea of ''letting the lips go nuts'' AKA talkin' schitt, when you find well rounded vocal sounds usually there's some kind of melody going along, start with that, it's fun and you'D be surprised how many different ideas you can cram in a short-timed session.
I love music, if music would be a girl then I'd date her, until then let's get back on Earth