Ok, im going into a new high school and I heard that it dosent have any kids who like th pop ****, metal heads!

So I already met with a kid from that school (summer break) and we are starting a band.

How do we get a good first gig?
talent show mate. although they usually come near the end of the year. either that or befriend a bar owner and ask to play there. for free at first and then talk about some money. if you know people who are of age of course haha. good luck
i do, thanks mate!

I have another question if you dont mind. Do i have to mic the drums? My drummer is loud. To rephrase the question, what has to go through the mix, cause when we jam, nothing goes into a PA, its just Guitars into amps
If your are playing live you will probably need to mic the drums. Everything needs to go through the mix when live because the acoustic reach of the drums wont be loud enough for a big place.
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
hmm. good question. what size amps are you guys kickin? i would suggest mic'n the drums though. if you don't have the proper drum mics i'd say just use one mic for the bass drum, (either lay it inside on a pillow or whatever's in there, or boom stand it) on mic near the high hat and snare. and one near the ride cymbal and a crash.
Quote by YourMessiah666
hmm. good question. what size amps are you guys kickin? i would suggest mic'n the drums though. if you don't have the proper drum mics i'd say just use one mic for the bass drum, (either lay it inside on a pillow or whatever's in there, or boom stand it) on mic near the high hat and snare. and one near the ride cymbal and a crash.

I have a 100w, i dont wanna get into details, thats how loud it its though. And we are loojing for other member, so far its Me (guitar) and a drummer.
TS, I too share your affinity for Dragonforce

I can't say your first gig will be amazing, as ti takes practice to build a stage personality and and recognition in the area. Just play wherever, whenever! Give shows in your garage if all else fails.
Quote by Zaphikh
TS, I too share your affinity for Dragonforce

I can't say your first gig will be amazing, as ti takes practice to build a stage personality and and recognition in the area. Just play wherever, whenever! Give shows in your garage if all else fails.

My favorite thing to do, garage shows, already had like 2... at least the neigbors gave us free shoes.

always nice to see a DragonForce fan, cheerz
I think it's pretty telling that when you look at DragonForce they look more like tech support than a band.