Alright well like the title says, i need an attenuator. I wanna spend no more than $120.00 usd but i can if need be. What do you guys think?

P.S. My amp is a b52 at 112 (60 watts)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Electro-Harmonix-Nano-Signal-Pad-Attenuator-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-501647-i1438606.gc
--Would this work or is it just a volume box?
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Jun 25, 2009,
Quote by Ghold125

That would probably work but is there anything i could look at a bit cheaper? I don't want to go to the limit if i don't have to. I want the best tone for the price. I don't need perfect tone out of this thing because i won't be using it live because i can just crank my amp live but i would like to have the best tone for 120 or under.

Also, what do you think of what i threw into my op as an edit? Would that work?
i don't think the E-H pedal would work; the description says that you can crank your amp but as long as the pedal is switched on it will make the signal clean, so it sounds like just a volume pedal.
The link in your OP is just like a volume know (pretty much a gain knob) and the weber I linked you is the best/cheapest.
Quote by Motkia
i don't think the E-H pedal would work; the description says that you can crank your amp but as long as the pedal is switched on it will make the signal clean, so it sounds like just a volume pedal.

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too. I'm going to have to research it right now. Any other ideas on some affordable attenuators guys?

Quote by Ghold125
The link in your OP is just like a volume know (pretty much a gain knob) and the weber I linked you is the best/cheapest.

Alright. Still though if anyone knows any others post em' so i can get some estimates here. Also, is there anywhere i can get that attenuator that you linked from a bigger store (Ex: guitarcenter, sam ash)
Last edited by alexpalka23 at Jun 25, 2009,
i've got a mint Marshall Power Brake i'd take $200.00 for.........i'd listen to trade offers also.
If you want an attenuator so that you can crank that amp at bedroom volumes I can almost assure you that it's not going to be worth the price you pay for a GOOD one.