Alright, I'm at a standstill here, because I'm trying to make an important decision.

I love both of these guitars, and I happen to own the washburn in question, but, I was considering selling the washburn and one of my other guitars, plus a few useless objects to me, in order to purchase the Ibanez Xiphos.

Do you guys think it'd be worth it?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

if the other guitar is crappy it is worth
Fender Telecaster Thin Line

(For playing fusion as a solo project)
Ernie Ball VP Jr
Vox Wah
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Mxr Phase 90
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Boss DD6 Digital Delay
i personaly love the look of the Xiphos. I have never played one personally but while i was trying out basses at guitar center some guy was playing one and it sounded awesome. I would get it if I was you, I personally like the 27 fret one just because of the extra range.
The Xiphos has an Edge 3. Either get the non-trem version, or be prepared to deal with a terrible trem system. If you do get the 27 fret version, which only comes in trem, I would look into getting a tremo-no for it.
I play guitar in a ska band.
Modded MIM Strat > Fender Tuner > Bugera V55HD > Custom built 2x12
So the trem on the Xiphos essentially blows eggwater then?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

yes, but you could always replace it with a OFR
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
About how much would that little adjustment run me?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
So the trem on the Xiphos essentially blows eggwater then?

After it gets some wear on it, yeah. Get it, deal with it until you can get an OFR to stick in there, and swap that bitch.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by necroscience13
watch out for neck dive on the xiphos, i know some people hate it, including myself on certain guitars

+1 to this. I played it at my local GC and it dove like crazy unless I had it super tight and next to my body, like this.....

I played the string-thru version, and it was absolutely stunning. The tone sang through the amp, JSX, and it was fun to play.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I hear they relocated the strap buttons this year so it doesn't neck-dive. Even if it still neck dives, you can relocate them yourself to fix it. Don't worry about the Edge 3. I feel like most of the Edge 3 hate is overblown by UG. The biggest problem is durability but there are people who have had theirs for years without problems. It's made of cheap materials and that may affect sustain and tone. It may also be blown out of proportion because most Edge 3 users are not used to double locking trems. They come on guitars that are between $400 and $900 so it's most likely their first locking trem. A well setup Edge 3 will stay in tune, but the metal may wear down quickly. That's when you lose tuning stability. Once that happens, you can upgrade to an Edge Pro or an OFR. I personally love the Xiphos, it's the only non-prestige Ibanez I would buy.

But if you love them both, I wouldn't get rid of the Washburn and another guitar for it unless you were sure the Xiphos is better than the Washburn in every single way.