Hey guys I'm going to be going to college in a couple months. Does anyone thats made that transition have anything they wish they would've known before or anything that would be helpful for me to know? Thanks. Also by the way I've already signed with a fraternity if that makes a difference.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by rnrsoldier1461
Hey guys I'm going to be going to college in a couple months. Does anyone thats made that transition have anything they wish they would've known before or anything that would be helpful for me to know? Thanks. Also by the way I've already signed with a fraternity if that makes a difference.

Going in blind is half the fun. You learn a lot and many experiences can be had due to it. What college and what fraternity by the way?
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
the transition was pretty rough for me... so i'll help you

first of all- if you have a girlfriend, break up with her before you go to college (unless you think it can REALLY go the distance)

meet people, don't be antisocial, don't be afraid to experiment and make mistakes, college creates an environment where you are free to do those things without permanant consequences, i mean.. hangovers last a day, misdemeanors can be expunged, just don't get aids or something.

im sure theres more.. hm
the transition was pretty rough for me... so i'll help you

first of all- if you have a girlfriend, break up with her before you go to college (unless you think it can REALLY go the distance)

meet people, don't be antisocial, don't be afraid to experiment and make mistakes, college creates an environment where you are free to do those things without permanant consequences, i mean.. hangovers last a day, misdemeanors can be expunged, just don't get aids or something.

im sure theres more.. hm

I broke up with her last night actually. And ya thats why I joined a fraternity, it will help me be really social
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Quote by metaldud536
In college everyones drunk and there are parties every night and you're gonna get laid and people will party before exams and there will be hazing and black people.

This.
learn to drink. seriously, if you can drink as a freshman, youre already a few years ahead. but that depends on the college you go to, and the type of person you are.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by Zugunruhe
learn to drink. seriously, if you can drink as a freshman, youre already a few years ahead. but that depends on the college you go to, and the type of person you are.

I'm not really interested in drinking. The fraternity I signed with isn't a party fraternity either.
Lunatics on pogo sticks
My advice is have fun but be responsible.

Eat well (no constant pizzas and hamburgers) and exercise. I've seen a lot of people gain a lot of weight in their first year. Don't drink excessively. Too many people waste time and life getting wasted. Go to class, do your readings and your homework. This makes a huge difference.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
Quote by misterfarenheit
find smart people and hang out with them, be social but be selective about who you let into your inner circle, your personality is essentially the average of the top five people you associate the most with. so choose your closest friends wisely

Ya the fraternity I'm in has the best grades of any fraternity on campus so I'm good there. They're pretty responsible and cool guys, all that good stuff.
Lunatics on pogo sticks