I was just checking out their site, and noticed this Telecaster for only $190. Are they any good? I was planning on getting a couple kits by them, but I might just get the already built guitars instead and just refinish them.
yes, they're very good! they're probably the best guitars you can get in that price range. the graphite nut and the quality of the pickups are things you're not gonna find on any guitars around that price. my friend has a strat from there and it's insane for the money.
I actually saw that thread a while ago, and it looks like it's turning out nicely so far. That's where I got the inspiration to get a kit or two from GuitarFetish.
How does the guitarfetish XV-870 shape up against a Strat?
Whether that be Squier or MIM?
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Quote by mamosa
Please just save up more and get a good used guitar. Please.

I wasn't planning on using these guitars all my life, I was just looking for something to mod and take around with me. I'd rather take a $190 knock off as a carry on with me to the airport than I would a used Fender Telecaster.
But you have neither. You have a Squier strat. That's pretty much a knockoff worth less that 190...
Quote by mamosa
But you have neither. You have a Squier strat. That's pretty much a knockoff worth less that 190...

You told me to save up for a used guitar. I'm looking at a Telecaster, so I used the Fender Telecaster as an example. This guitar has sentimental value, so I'm not going to take any risks with it. The GuitarFetish guitar wouldn't have sentimental value, so I wouldn't worry about it being ruined.
Quote by mamosa
Please just save up more and get a good used guitar. Please.

Seriously...having 2 bad guitars isn't multiplication. 2 negatives doesn't make a positive.
Quote by Alex Vik

You told me to save up for a used guitar. I'm looking at a Telecaster, so I used the Fender Telecaster as an example. This guitar has sentimental value, so I'm not going to take any risks with it. The GuitarFetish guitar wouldn't have sentimental value, so I wouldn't worry about it being ruined.

You completely misread my post.
1. Why is it a facepalm if I didn't know you weren't willing to travel with your **** guitar?
2. Why waste money on a ****ty guitar just to travel with. If you aren't gigging, it isn't important enough.
3. Are you seriously not going to look for a used and better guitar just because you would care more if it broke than a cheap one?!

EDIT:
Quote by JELIFISH19
Seriously...having 2 bad guitars isn't multiplication. 2 negatives doesn't make a positive.

Unless you melt them together!!!! ZOMG BEST IDEA EVER!!
Last edited by mamosa at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by mamosa
You completely misread my post.
1. Why is it a facepalm if I didn't know you weren't willing to travel with your **** guitar?
2. Why waste money on a ****ty guitar just to travel with. If you aren't gigging, it isn't important enough.
3. Are you seriously not going to look for a used and better guitar just because you would care more if it broke than a cheap one?!

1. I may never have said travel, but I did imply that I was looking for a guitar to dick around with when I said I was looking to repaint one.
2. Uh, because I don't want to worry about a valued guitar breaking?
3. No, of course I'm going to get a good guitar eventually. Just that that one will stay in my house and only leave for gigs.
4. Get out of my thread. You haven't said one thing that answered my question.
Quote by Alex Vik
1. I may never have said travel, but I did imply that I was looking for a guitar to dick around with when I said I was looking to repaint one.
2. Uh, because I don't want to worry about a valued guitar breaking?
3. No, of course I'm going to get a good guitar eventually. Just that that one will stay in my house and only leave for gigs.
4. Get out of my thread. You haven't said one thing that answered my question.

Quote by Alex Vik
I'd rather take a $190 knock off as a carry on with me to the airport than I would a used Fender Telecaster.

Hmmm.... You never did say travel. I kind of thought taking to the airport implied travel, but maybe you live there.

2. BUT IF YOU PAYED THE SAME FOR A VALUED GUITAR AS YOU WOULD FOR A NON-VALUED GUITAR, THEN WTF?!?!?!?!

3. Why not spend the same amount of money you would on a **** guitar on a decent guitar? Get a good guitar now. Don't wait for later.

Actually, everything I said has been in your best interest. I'm helping you out by telling you that buying a **** guitar won't make your rig any better and that saving is your best option. That's just not what you want to hear though. You want people to tell you they're great.
Last edited by mamosa at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by mamosa

Hmmm.... You never did say travel. I kind of thought taking to the airport implied travel, but maybe you live there.

2. BUT IF YOU PAYED THE SAME FOR A VALUED GUITAR AS YOU WOULD FOR A NON-VALUED GUITAR, THEN WTF?!?!?!?!

3. Why not spend the same amount of money you would on a **** guitar on a decent guitar? Get a good guitar now. Don't wait for later.

Actually, everything I said has been in your best interest. I'm helping you out by telling you that buying a **** guitar won't make your rig any better and that saving is your best option. That's just not what you want to hear though. You want people to tell you they're great.

1. That's more your fault since my post was before your post.
2. I'd rather break a Xaviere than a Fender.
3. At this point, I don't need a great guitar. I need a guitar that will serve me well for travel.
4. If you try and give me shit one more time instead of helping me find info on the guitar I was looking at, I'm reporting you for trolling. This isn't the first time you've given me shit.
Quote by Alex Vik
1. That's more your fault since my post was before your post.
2. I'd rather break a Xaviere than a Fender.
3. At this point, I don't need a great guitar. I need a guitar that will serve me well for travel.
4. If you try and give me shit one more time instead of helping me find info on the guitar I was looking at, I'm reporting you for trolling. This isn't the first time you've given me shit.

1. ??? What are you talking about? I don't understand your logic.....
2. Yes. But if they cost you the same, why not take the risk? It's a win-no lose. Either the Fender survives, in which case you have one, or the Fender breaks, and you don't have it. But if you look at the other side, if you risk it with a Xaviere, and it survives, you have a **** guitar, whereas if it breaks you have nothing. Either way, you aren't worse off getting a Fender. You're spouting more fallacies than Michael Moore.
3. YOU JUST SAID BEFORE IT WASN'T TRAVEL?!?!?! WTF!
But either way, you're right. You don't. But the better the guitar, the quicker you progress. And if you'll be spending the same money on a good guitar vs. a bad guitar, why not go for the good guitar?! No downside.
4. I am helping you. I am telling you the truth. I am not trolling. Feel free to report me. I really don't care. If you think me disagreeing with you is "giving you ****" then you'll have a hard time in life.
Alright guys, neither one of you is accomplishing a thing here. To answere the TS's question, I've done some research on the Xaviere guitars and they seems to be very good for the price. I was looking at getting a strat one just to mess around with and mod and what not.

Also, it's TS's money, why does everone have to treat him like an idiot? If he wanted to buy a nice guitar I'm sure he would, but he stated he just wants something to mess around with and not have to worry about scratches or dings. So hard to understand for some people I guess, I means it's his money.
Quote by chip46
Alright guys, neither one of you is accomplishing a thing here. To answere the TS's question, I've done some research on the Xaviere guitars and they seems to be very good for the price. I was looking at getting a strat one just to mess around with and mod and what not.

Also, it's TS's money, why does everone have to treat him like an idiot? If he wanted to buy a nice guitar I'm sure he would, but he stated he just wants something to mess around with and not have to worry about scratches or dings. So hard to understand for some people I guess, I means it's his money.

I was trying to help him make a responsible and intelligent decision. He can make whatever decision he wants with his money; I'm just telling him his decision lacks logic.
Quote by mamosa
I was trying to help him make a responsible and intelligent decision. He can make whatever decision he wants with his money; I'm just telling him his decision lacks logic.

And yet you totally disregard my question. I was asking about how the guitars were, not about if I should get a different, more expensive one.

Chip: Thanks for actually helping.
^^That's fine, but I think I speak for the majority when I say that I don't feel like scrolling through a thread and seeing:

1. alskdjf;lkasj;jdflkasjdfklasjd;lfjas
2. lkajsd;flkajs;dlfkj;alskjdf
3. a;ldksjf;alksjdf;ljkas;dfj
4. alkjsdf;lkasjdf;ljas

over and over and over. It's gets pretty old, and I almost didn't even post because I didn't bother to read half the posts. Be adults, share you opinions, but be respectful and treat others as you would like to be treated if it were your thread.

Edit: Also, TS, if you search YouTube vids for Xaviere guitars you'll find a guy named Frets99 I think, and he's done many videos with an Xaviere strat, a few of which he actually compares the guitar with Squier and Fender counterparts...check em out.
Last edited by chip46 at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by chip46
^^That's fine, but I think I speak for the majority when I say that I don't feel like scrolling through a thread and seeing:

1. alskdjf;lkasj;jdflkasjdfklasjd;lfjas
2. lkajsd;flkajs;dlfkj;alskjdf
3. a;ldksjf;alksjdf;ljkas;dfj
4. alkjsdf;lkasjdf;ljas

over and over and over. It's gets pretty old, and I almost didn't even post because I didn't bother to read half the posts. Be adults, share you opinions, but be respectful and treat others as you would like to be treated if it were your thread.

Edit: Also, TS, if you search YouTube vids for Xaviere guitars you'll find a guy named Frets99 I think, and he's done many videos with an Xaviere strat, a few of which he actually compares the guitar with Squier and Fender counterparts...check em out.

Sweet, thanks for that.
Quote by Alex Vik
Will do, seeing as I'm desperate to make a "NGD" thread

This will be my last post in this thread. Don't bother responding to it as I won't respond to you. I'm done helping you after this post.

Your first big mistake is wanting a guitar soon. Since you want a new guitar NOW you are less willing to do the waiting required to:
A. Save up for a better guitar or
B. do the waiting required to find a good used guitar that you want, for the right price.
Impatience isn't good when you need/want a new guitar. It doesn't help at all.
Your second mistake is being unwilling to buy a better used guitar for the same price that you would get a brand new guitar. Even if the better one breaks, you still spent the same amount that you would have on the bad guitar. Plus, the better guitar you get, the more well-built it will be, thus the less likely it is to break. But a cheap, bad guitar won't have good build quality and will be more likely to break, thus flushing your money down the toilet.
Also, the better the guitar, the faster you improve. FACT.
Also, buying another terrible guitar shouldn't be your strategy. Once you have your first **** guitar, the next one should be a step up, not a step sideways.
I have more to say, but seeing as you aren't the most receptive of sensible advice, I'll keep it to myself and leave you with the main points.

AGAIN: DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING TO THIS. I WON'T.
They look pretty good, but mamosa has a point.

If you can get a used MIM Fender for not a whole lot more money, wouldn't it be better to do that?

Why can't you just take your squier strat to the airport?

I'm really not seeing the logic here. Sure, Xaviers are pretty good for the price, but that's $210+ you could have towards a MIM and a better guitar.
Quote by mamosa
This will be my last post in this thread. Don't bother responding to it as I won't respond to you. I'm done helping you after this post.

Your first big mistake is wanting a guitar soon. Since you want a new guitar NOW you are less willing to do the waiting required to:
A. Save up for a better guitar or
B. do the waiting required to find a good used guitar that you want, for the right price.
Impatience isn't good when you need/want a new guitar. It doesn't help at all.
Your second mistake is being unwilling to buy a better used guitar for the same price that you would get a brand new guitar. Even if the better one breaks, you still spent the same amount that you would have on the bad guitar. Plus, the better guitar you get, the more well-built it will be, thus the less likely it is to break. But a cheap, bad guitar won't have good build quality and will be more likely to break, thus flushing your money down the toilet.
Also, the better the guitar, the faster you improve. FACT.
Also, buying another terrible guitar shouldn't be your strategy. Once you have your first **** guitar, the next one should be a step up, not a step sideways.
I have more to say, but seeing as you aren't the most receptive of sensible advice, I'll keep it to myself and leave you with the main points.

AGAIN: DO NOT BOTHER RESPONDING TO THIS. I WON'T.

That sure is a lot of words you typed there as a response to a joke.

Quote by Pac_man0123
They look pretty good, but mamosa has a point.

If you can get a used MIM Fender for not a whole lot more money, wouldn't it be better to do that?

Why can't you just take your squier strat to the airport?

I'm really not seeing the logic here. Sure, Xaviers are pretty good for the price, but that's $210+ you could have towards a MIM and a better guitar.

The logic is that I'm looking for a guitar to travel with, not worry about breaking, and mod.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Well then i don't know why you're asking us when you seem pretty adamant on what you're going to do.

Well, if there was another guitar for the same price that was better, then I would get that instead.
Quote by Alex Vik
That sure is a lot of words you typed there as a response to a joke.

The logic is that I'm looking for a guitar to travel with, not worry about breaking, and mod.

If a used MIM strat, that you could still mod all you want, which will probably be better than the Xaviere, is the same price as the Xaviere then why would you worry about it breaking? Just because it's a Fender doesn't mean you can't take it anywhere, because it cost you the same as the Xaviere. I really don't see the differene between the two, exept the strat would probably be better.

You never know though, the Xaviere could be amazing.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
Quote by Bmag37
If a used MIM strat, that you could still mod all you want, which will probably be better than the Xaviere, is the same price as the Xaviere then why would you worry about it breaking? Just because it's a Fender doesn't mean you can't take it anywhere, because it cost you the same as the Xaviere. I really don't see the differene between the two, exept the strat would probably be better.

You never know though, the Xaviere could be amazing.

Meh, maybe I'm just paranoid, I dunno

Oh, and how much are you selling that Weeping Demon for?
I brought my Gibson Les Paul to NYC from the other side of the country, i don't see why you're so concerned unless you plan on letting it go to baggage to be stored under the plane or if you plan on throwing it around.
Quote by Alex Vik
Meh, maybe I'm just paranoid, I dunno

Oh, and how much are you selling that Weeping Demon for?

I'll pm you.
BEEP

<_<

>_>

Beeeeeeeeep
A Fender Standard isn't going to be the same price as an Xaviere though. $170 does not equal $400. Even though there are plenty of used guitars out there, it's hard to find people willing to let MIM's go for less than $250, at least I've only seen one in my area that was under that price. Xaviere's are supposed to be just as good if not better than most Squier's, and if modded could possibly be just as good as a MIM. Frets99's videos on youtube are pretty solid proof that these guitars stand up against the best of them.
this thread is funny for real

from what ive heard Xaviere makes good guitars for that price range
Quote by Alex Vik
Well, if there was another guitar for the same price that was better, then I would get that instead.

I think the point some of the guys here were trying to make is that a second hand MIM Fender IS a better guitar and if you get the right deal IS the same price as the Xaviere guitar you mentioned above

Also, as a side note, my mate has that Xaviere telecaster and its alright.. Nothing too special but would do for modding and travelling

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Wow, who bumped this? I've already decided to get a Fender Tele as my third or fourth guitar, and to get some sort of ESP/LTD guitar first.
Last edited by Alex Vik at Jul 30, 2009,

UG at it's best...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl