Ok, so I have an interesting theory on what "good" is, and isn’t. You guys have to participate a lil though (get out a pen and paper). So bear with me...

1) What is your definition of "Good"? (don’t look in the dictionary) If I were to ask you, "In your opinion, what is good?" What do you say?
2) What is your definition of right and wrong?

Ok now pretend your Godzilla

1) What is your definition of good?
2) What is your definition of right and wrong?

Ok, now compare your answers to Godzilla’s. I could imagine that there pretty different, which means that when we conventionally think of good, we think of something that appeals to us. Most of the time what you think of is also right, not wrong. Now compare your definition of Good to your definition of right. They are probably similar

So what does this mean? Good can mean so many things, and with no solid definition (ex fish, or chair), there is no such thing as good, and good can only exist when there is no diversity. So there is no real good, only the archetype of good, and even then with no solid state, cannot exist. Good is just are perception of what we like, whether it be considered good or bad by society. So next time you say that something is good, try to describe it without saying that it is “good” It’s harder than you think!
Just a brainblast I thought id share with you guys. Discuss
Gear:

Line 6 Variax 300 (electric)
Jay Turser acoustic
A soon to be Jackson Demmelition King V

Bugera 6260-212
Vox AD30VT (for sale)
Why do we need pen and paper? If we used it we would have to write and type it up on the computer. We might as well just skip the paper and go for the typing. Yo.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Good and evil are not a set-ing-stone ideal.

They vary from person to person, with the general public thinking that doing something "good" is something that is charitable.

This thread is pointless.
Good is what the person in question feels is the right thing to do.

In other words,

Good is ****ing retarded.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by Erik_Aero
NEWSFLASH

Everything is subjective.

no.

how about happiness? the good is that which creates the largest amount of happiness. if the action causes more happiness than pain, the action is morally right. it has its problems as a theory, but i think its a good starting point.

Utilitarianism
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by valennic
Good is what the person in question feels is the right thing to do.

No, Good isn’t always Right. They’re a little different. I’m a shop owner, and a little kid dropped his ice cream cone, and comes back in the store crying. The right thing to do is to give him another ice cream cone. This isn’t good for you because you lose money (giving out free inventory) so losing money is the right thing to do, but it’s not good for you
Gear:

Line 6 Variax 300 (electric)
Jay Turser acoustic
A soon to be Jackson Demmelition King V

Bugera 6260-212
Vox AD30VT (for sale)
lukeylynch *img*

This.

I like the way you think.

In that case, for me, THIS is good:

Quote by jrock888000
when i was 8 i would stick my whammy bar into a hole i cut into a life size teddy bear....that was before i had a guitar.

RIP HEAVEN'S GATE. THE pr0nz WILL ALWAYS BE REMEMBERED.