I'm 17, and on sunday my parents are sending me to a two week christian camp in Colorado that I am most certainly dreading. Although I don't smoke often (1-2 a week) im planning on bringing a pack of rolling tobacco with me on the way. The cigarettes will be nice and peaceful, especially in such a crappy situation.

My question is: If i bring a lighter with me, will it get confiscated in the airport? I know i can get the tobacco through but I'd be screwed with my parents if i get caught with a lighter.

THANKS!
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Quote by i_killed_bill
Well since you're underage and I believe that's considered contraband my guess would be yes

contraband???
And no, in most areas you have to be 18 to buy a lighter. Also i'll be completely stuck on campus where there is little chance to find a lighter.
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Quote by Stir-Fry
Cant you just buy a new lighter when you get there?

yea, pretty much this. im not sure if you have to be 18 to buy one, but you could always palm it at the register. its not that big of a thing.

they will confiscate a lighter at the security check.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
contraband???
And no, in most areas you have to be 18 to buy a lighter. Also i'll be completely stuck on campus where there is little chance to find a lighter.

I'm just going by what I've heard. I could be (and probably am) wrong.
Master the art of lighting cigarettes with the sun and a magnifying glass. That's how I started back when I was 9 with butts I'd find on my driveway.
Quote by Babbs
throw it in with your clothes.

Thats why they invented X-ray
Quote by iantheman
matches in pocket FTW!

no metal=no metal detector.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

wait, are you checking luggage? cause you could stuff your suitcase full of lighters and they would never care. it only gets confiscated if its in your carry on luggage.
I always bring a lighter with me when I travel, it doesn't go off when you walk through the metal detector. Make sure you have all other metal items off before you walk through though
Gear
Ibanez GSA60
Jackson DXMGT
Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
Ibanez S470 DXQM
ESP LTD Deluxe EC-1000
Crate Halfstack and Crate 50W Tube Head
Boss MT-2, CH-1, CS-3, NS-2, & Cry Baby
Crate XT65R
Quote by Zugunruhe
wait, are you checking luggage? cause you could stuff your suitcase full of lighters and they would never care. it only gets confiscated if its in your carry on luggage.

I thought the same thing but apparently its illegal on CHECKED luggage and you can carry 1 with you on your person. No idea why.

Well just to be safe i suppose the best bet is a pocketful of matches
Quote by iantheman
Quote by LespaulsRcool
I thought the same thing but apparently its illegal on CHECKED luggage and you can carry 1 with you on your person. No idea why.

Well just to be safe i suppose the best bet is a pocketful of matches

go ahead and put it in your checked luggage. they wont bother looking through your suitcase, and i dont think they even x ray. you can always put it inside something, like a metal container of some kind, which would block the x rays.
WTF, you're going to christian camp with tobaccoo?
Quote by Kensai
Happy birthday

Quote by TSmitty6
is it me or does the black kids head look like a bong, and the girl behind him just took a hit and is zonked out?
put it in your shoe or sock?
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
Ibanez S470 DXQM
Boss DD-6
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Quote by Autumnfallsbest
WTF, you're going to christian camp with tobaccoo?

Have you ever been to christian camp? It can turn anyone into a smoker
Quote by iantheman
wait you have to be 18 to buy a lighter? that is bs. if you have any checked bags just leave it in one and it'll probably go through.