Blackstar HT Series HT-5H and HT-110 Guitar Mini Half Stack. Ive been looking around for good tube amps for a good time now. Ive tried blues jr.'s which was my first choice and really didnt like how it wasnt very versatile. So i was wondering does this amp have good versatility? Does it sound good at low levels as well as cranked? And if mic'd is it gig worthy sound quality?
Thanks

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Blackstar-HT-Series-HT5H-and-HT110-Guitar-Mini-Half-Stack?sku=489746
It's a very versatile amp imo. It does sound good at lower volume but doesn't have the "fullness" of the bjr cleans. I suppose you could mic it for a gig, but it's really intended to be a practice amp. I have one and think it's a good amp for the price. It has more features than the other 5 watt tube amps available in the price range.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Alright im going to tryit out. But im still keeping my mind open for other amps around.
Gear.
Fender standard stratocaster MIM stock(looking for new pickups please suggest!)
Roland cube 60 (the only solid state amp i love)
What genres do you play?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20