I have an M-Audio interface, will the Sony ECM-MS907 microphone work well with this for recording an amp?

I tried using a CO3U USB Studio Condenser mic and an old Numark UC-965 Condensor mic(which seemed to sound a bit better)[but they both sounded pretty much like crap]

Please help! I know nothing about mics

Oh, and I'm using Adobe Audition.
Last edited by robshredsky at Jun 26, 2009,
You've opened a big can o'worms. Electric guitars are often recorded with a dynamic mic like a Shure SM-57 few inches from your speaker cone halfway between the center and edge. Your Sony is a stereo condensor (I think) and more suited to capturing say a band rehearsal from the front row. And with your digital interface NEVER let the meters get into the red.
Quote by BobDetroit
You've opened a big can o'worms. Electric guitars are often recorded with a dynamic mic like a Shure SM-57 few inches from your speaker cone halfway between the center and edge. Your Sony is a stereo condensor (I think) and more suited to capturing say a band rehearsal from the front row. And with your digital interface NEVER let the meters get into the red.

So when you say get into the red, you're talking about the clip light right? is this what makes it condense and sound crappy"?
Quote by robshredsky
So when you say get into the red, you're talking about the clip light right? is this what makes it condense and sound crappy"?

When I say into the red I am referring to the clip light. When the clip light comes on you are overloading the circuit. In a digital recording format clipping sounds bad. Condenser is a type of sensitive microphone.