Page 1 of 2
I don't hate it nor use it, but it's becoming the new "thing" as even news channels are saying lets check our twitter account and see what Aston Kutcher has to say about this.
LOL
Last edited by SiKh22 at Jun 26, 2009,
I actually joined it today, got confused, and logged off.

But give it a week or so and I will become addicted.
Here's what the critics are saying about Hanzi_G:

Quote by SteveHouse
Hanzi_G = god damned prophet.

SIG ME GODDAMMIT
The most idiotic thing to happen to the internet since Facebook.
Gear:

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard
- Saga LP Copy
- Godin Seagull Acoustic
- Roland Cube 60
- Fender G-Dec
- Jim Dunlop Crybaby
- Guitar Rig 2
Quote by Floydian45

ditto
"Your just a monkey in a monkey suit, aww yeah!"-Piebald "Long Nights"
yeah... i tweet,but only once a day or so, i dont put every tim i eat or showerlike most of them do
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by Floydian45

yep
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
i learned my lesson after becoming addicted to facebook. i'm still addicted to it actually. but i won't make the same mistake twice.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
no, its really gay.
anything that cnn relies on for their news is already un-hip.
I have no opinion on this matter.
i avoid it like the plague. its just another myspace failure. facebook is as far as i'll ever tread into that ****ing wasteland of "tweets" and other bull****.
I tweet once or twice a day. I'm determined not to get addicted.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
I do. It's fun, and it's interesting. Tweets from my good friends go to my cell phone. Keeps me from being entirely bored. People typically only post interesting things.

There was a thread on this a couple days ago.

edit: Yeah, I only post one once or twice a day also. Sometimes none. The fun would be dead the second anyone did more 3 or 4.
Last edited by charliezard! at Jun 26, 2009,
I joined for the soul purpose of getting updates from Andrew Stockdale from Wolfmother about the new album and tour dates and band workings and such.

Also, a lot of good bands have started joining. Palace of Fire, with 2 members who were in Wolfmother, also joined, and that's about the only thing they update on. Same with The Parlor Mob. So really, I think it's simple and helpful. The Facebook status thing gets to complicated and it's just easier on Twitter.

I love it.

Follow the guys from Cyanide and Happiness. They're freaking hilarious.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
i just think its kinda dumb, its is funny though how much people care what celebritys are up to they're like "lol, brad pitt just tweeted me that he had eggs for breakfast, and then he took a shower omg!" or "holy crap jessica simpson just tweeted me that shes a ****ing retard, my life's complete!" i honestly think the whole twitter thing will blow over when people realize how stupid it is but hey, shamwows still around and brinigng in the bucks so maybe the human race will once again prove me wrong with their stupidity
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
yeah twitter is no good. It assumes I have access to the internet 24/7 via a smart phone or something. And some people twit about how they ****. They are twitter ****ters. This is a failed system.
I've been thinking about getting one, but I'm pretty lazy, so still haven't.....
Quote by StratStar21
i just think its kinda dumb, its is funny though how much people care what celebritys are up to they're like "lol, brad pitt just tweeted me that he had eggs for breakfast, and then he took a shower omg!" or "holy crap jessica simpson just tweeted me that shes a ****ing retard, my life's complete!" i honestly think the whole twitter thing will blow over when people realize how stupid it is but hey, shamwows still around and brinigng in the bucks so maybe the human race will once again prove me wrong with their stupidity

Does ANYONE follow celebrities? People that don't use twitter seem to think so, but, no. They don't. Who would?
Quote by hocusfocus
yeah twitter is no good. It assumes I have access to the internet 24/7 via a smart phone or something. And some people twit about how they ****. They are twitter ****ters. This is a failed system.

nah, you can do it from a cell phone. It doesn't have to be a good phone either. Any phone that can text.

^and yeah. You should search before you make threads.
i dont see the point of it. i use facebook just to stay in touch with people cuz im in college and myspace for my band. i dont see myself using twitter
idk man, at my school there were chicks who would get their phones confiscated cause they got tweets in class from brad pitt
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

I don't use it but I read an article about it in Time mag a few weeks back. Apparently it's revolutionary but I don't see the big fuss personally.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
I don't even use Myspace. (Yes, I know, that makes me uBer-ko0l, whatever.)
I hate it, beyond belief. That and the rest of these Internet social sites.

They're just so stupid. What the hell happened to being social, or better yet, jerking off?
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by ZeroCS
I hate it, beyond belief. That and the rest of these Internet social sites.
They're just so stupid. What the hell happened to being social, or better yet, jerking off?

you know ur on a social network right now right?

Quote by StratStar21
you know ur on a social network right now right?

orly?

You know what I meant smartass...
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Was there this much opposition to e-mail when it was invented?
I don't see how anyone can be anti-twitter. I can understand not wanting it, but there's no reason to hate a method of communicating with your friends. I bet you hate the telephone too...
Quote by charliezard!
I don't see how anyone can be anti-twitter. I can understand not wanting it, but there's no reason to hate a method of communicating with your friends. I bet you hate the telephone too...

Actually, I do. It's hard and less enjoyable to talk someone when you can't see their facial expressions. Plus if you have the pauses, it makes it that much weirder.
hmmm twitter..heard of it. But what exactly does this site do? Anyone care to elucidate?
http://groups.ultimat e-guitar.com/aa08s/

If you are looking for a clever and witty signature, you have come to the wrong place.
i use it and follow like 12 people but i have a problem thinking of reasons it's soooooo popular. And I hate people who make stupid pointless "tweets"
Quote by ZeroCS
orly?

You know what I meant smartass...

I have an account that I check pretty frequently, but I don't update/"tweet" that often. I don't have anything that interesting to say, so why bother? I just use it to get exclusive info on bands I like and stuff. And a few of my friends use it but I un-followed a few of them when they got annoying... ("just took a $hit." ... "just wiped." ... "washing my hands."... "forgot to flush." ... "went back to flush" ... "leaving the bathroom now" ... "walking down the hallway" ... "entering the livingroom" ...you get the point)

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by CheapAcoustic
hmmm twitter..heard of it. But what exactly does this site do? Anyone care to elucidate?

People compare it to Facebook status updates, but I've never used facebook, so I wouldn't know. It's more like myspace bulletins, but you can send or receive them from your phone.
Quote by charliezard!

The telephone is a device that revolutionized the borders we had on communication years ago, e-mail as well. Comparing them to Twitter is just flatline dumb.

What's the point of Twitter when you can just talk to people over MSN, people you probably know in person, rather than strangers who "become your friends", or tweet, or whatever the hell they do on Twitter. It's a pointless fad that people make millions on, which is the most annoying factor. Millions of dollars to manage an Internet site filled with teenagers and some of the saddest adults on the face of this earth, that and to post ads all over the place. At least dating sites have some form of purpose, what the hell is the point of these things?
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7

Okay, here's an example of an advantage of Twitter:

The other day my friend won free concert tickets via Twitter, because the artist held a competition exclusively through his Twitter.

It's not all about "status updates," although that's what it initially looks like. You really just have to use it before you can understand it.

I play piano and guitar.
Do you play piano?
Add me.
:]
Quote by ZeroCS
The telephone is a device that revolutionized the borders we had on communication years ago, e-mail as well. Comparing them to Twitter is just flatline dumb.

What's the point of Twitter when you can just talk to people over MSN, people you probably know in person, rather than strangers who "become your friends", or tweet, or whatever the hell they do on Twitter. It's a pointless fad that people make millions on, which is the most annoying factor. Millions of dollars to manage an Internet site filled with teenagers and some of the saddest adults on the face of this earth, that and to post ads all over the place. At least dating sites have some form of purpose, what the hell is the point of these things?

I wasn't comparing it to how revolutionary it is. I was comparing them solely based on the fact that they're inventions to help people socialize. I understand you not wanting to use twitter. That's fine. But people like it. Not because it's a fad, but because it's nice. It's nice to be able to update your friends about exciting things you're doing without having to commit to a conversation with them. It's nice to get news stories, updates from bands, and media sources sent straight to your phone or organized on your twitter account.

You can preach this crap all you want, but we both know that you just don't like twitter because it's trendy right now. Stop being so uptight about everything, and let people have their fun.
Page 1 of 2