I've been told by a few people it was and jackson guitars said it sounded like a dinky (it was made before 02, so they can't find the serial) but I can't find ANY guitar with this finish.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/84/l_a9ad16ea01064d43a2f0a300886b2ed6.jpg
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION
Quote by ReinventingEvil
I've been told by a few people it was and jackson guitars said it sounded like a dinky (it was made before 02, so they can't find the serial) but I can't find ANY guitar with this finish.

http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/84/l_a9ad16ea01064d43a2f0a300886b2ed6.jpg

it definitely looks like one, and if it's got a bolt on neck you're almost guaranteed that it is

EDIT: Are those pickups genuine duncans? i feel like that could be a cheaper dinky model
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Last edited by ItsThatDude at Jun 26, 2009,
is the neck joint contoured?
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
As far as I'm aware the DK2 never had chrome hardware.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
As far as I'm aware the DK2 never had chrome hardware.

all the pro series guitars had chrome hardware and duncan designed pickups before '06/'07 - now they have genuine duncans/emgs and black hardware. in this case, the bridge hb will be a retrofit.

also, i believe the hss config dinky is (and always has been) only available in the pro series.
I believe this is a genuine duncan, it does not say duncan designed. The finish looks better in person, my camera has poor lightning so it looks cheap. I seriously can't find any like it, perhaps it's a DK2 Pro? I've ruled out JSDK's, because it has sharktooth inlays, so it can't be a cheaper dk..
My gear
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Warrior WRXT *FS/FT*
Jasmine J35
Squier Fender P-Bass
Ibanez TBX150H
Crate 4x12
Fender Rumble 60

Part of UG's 7 STRING LEGION