Hello!

Well the time has come for me to get a new amp, I currently use a Line 6 Spider 3 30w amp. My friends drums are louder than my amp so I'm looking to get some sort of tube amp.

I'm thinking of the Line 6 Spider Valve 112 40w because I'm familiar with Line 6's settings and I think it would be an easy transition, besides I'm still going to use the Spider 3 as a practice amp.

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-Valve-112-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483066#new

$700 bucks.. I just really like the versatility of Line 6's amps. Is there any thing else out there better for the money? I'm very new to tube driven amps so any help I can get the better.

I have an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Fender Starcaster that I've modded a little bit, I actually play the Fender more. I also use a Dunlop Crybaby wah so if that makes any difference..

TIA

-Mike
little bit of sunshine
For 700 bucks you could get a better, more "specialized" amp, especially if you buy used. What kind of stuff do you play?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
For 700 bucks you could get a better, more "specialized" amp, especially if you buy used. What kind of stuff do you play?

I play a wide range of music, right now I'm stuck on a GNR / Motley Crue phase, so stuff like that.. I also like to play RHCP, Led Zeppelin, Hendrix, Metallica, Ozzy etc.

I like it loud, rude and aggressive.
little bit of sunshine
Last edited by M1K3A at Jun 26, 2009,
Also, do you gig? How much headroom/clean headroom would you like?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Also, do you gig? How much headroom/clean headroom would you like?

I don't gig yet, me and a friend of mine are just jamming around and my current amp isn't loud enough but I think the 112 would be safe to gig with.. right?
little bit of sunshine
Yes, a 1x12 would be more than fine to gig with, especially since most gigs will mic you anyways. Check out these, they should suit you well:
Traynor YCV/YCS/etc series
Laney VC/LC
Peavey Classics
Fender Deluxe Reverb/Princeton Reverb

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by M1K3A
how about the Peavy Vavlekings?

They're good, but they don't really excel at anything. The ones I posted in my previous posts would suit you much better and would sound better IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Quote by M1K3A
how about the Peavy Vavlekings?

i agree to go with the peavey valve king 112 combo.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Yes, a 1x12 would be more than fine to gig with, especially since most gigs will mic you anyways. Check out these, they should suit you well:
Laney VC/LC
Peavey Classics

+1

the Traynor blue and the Laney VC-50 would be my picks as it would be able to hit the tones

the spider valve and valveking dont really hold a candle to these amps
I traded in my Real Books for Robbins and Cotran Pathology Textbooks
Quote by gregs1020
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1239523886.html JCM900 Combo, 50 watts, he's a little high.
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1234225395.html Here's the spider valve combo, $300
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/msg/1201425818.html Here's a flextone III, with footboard, $450. Not a tube, but a good amp.

Go try em.

thank you very much!

off to guitar center
little bit of sunshine
Quote by M1K3A
thank you very much!

off to guitar center

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Laney VC/LC
Peavey Classics

+10