When putting the amp to the same level as the drums (not incredibly loud, usually not over 1/2 way on the volume) we are getting terrible buzzing and feedback. My guitar is a schecter hellraiser if that helps. Any tips for eliminating this?
Still suck at guitar? Try Jamora

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
Turn the gain down, bro. The insane channel is NOT your friend.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
you should start by checking to see if your amp says line 6 on the front. if so..proceed to turn it off. that should eliminate the buzz. if it wont turn off..which ive heard they sometimes do. turn off the insane chanel.
there should be a built in noise gate? If not maybe buy a noise gate?
I no the line 6 spider III has a noise gate. Not sure which line 6 you have.

To enable noise gate if you have it press and hold the tap delay button then turn the echo/reverb knob past 6 o' clock. If not turn gain down
When you're playing with a lot of gain; it's almost a given that you will have issues with hum and feedback. That why many metal players have a noise suppressor or gate in their rig to stop said issues.

The problem is that a noise suppressor is like a third of the price you paid for your amp. Your amp isn't all that great so I would just save the money you'd be using on a suppressor and save for a new amp. But hey; it's your money.
Rig:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Peavey 6505 Head
Vader 4x12
BBE 482

DOD EQ
Boss NS-2
Use the built in noise gate.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
Lmao. Well I'm the drummer. I just had to ask for my guitarist. Yeah I think he usually uses insane. That would probably be the problem. I'll report back tomorrow if I can't fix it.

Need any help with guitar, music theory, technique, practice exercises or improvisation? Just send me a pm! I love to help

Peace. Love. And chaos.
Quote by cardboardcorn
Lmao. Well I'm the drummer. I just had to ask for my guitarist. Yeah I think he usually uses insane. That would probably be the problem. I'll report back tomorrow if I can't fix it.

Hmmm. In the OP, you were using first-person pronouns, and you've been a member for a while on a guitar-orientated website for a while. Something tells me you might be a little of your amp now.

That's ok, it's a common side-effect of Spider amplifiers. By talking with your doctor, you can eventually remove it from your life. If you have a history of being stubborn, getting a new amp might not be right for you. If you show signs of bad guitar playing, no gigs, and refusal to listen to advice, it is advised that you not get a new amplifier and retreat into solitude. If you can not afford a new amplifier, taking out a loan might help.

Get a new amp, before it's to late.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Well it's my but I never get it loud enough for it to produce this problem.

Also <3 my line 6 I don't care what you say

Peace. Love. And chaos.
Quote by cardboardcorn
Well it's my but I never get it loud enough for it to produce this problem.

Also <3 my line 6 I don't care what you say

This is a sign of stubbornness. There is no use trying to reason with a stubborn consumer because he will not listen to reason and peer-experience.

All jokes aside though.

You need a new amp. Some SS are alright, but the Spider III is downright sh*t. Sorry to burst your bubble, but they're great for practicing, but when you try to do anything with them, it comes out dull, thin, lifeless, and every single model seems to have some type of problem.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I agree with WD7.
But: There are some great SS amps. The Line 6 Vetta II for example. AWESOME amp, and it's Solid state through and through.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
A time might come when you outgrow it. Good luck either way, and try the noisegate.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦