C4C. I finally saw the band Placebo, and, although I can't say I'm head over heals about them or anything, they have a sound I admire, especially from a trio. So, it inspired me. I've been working on this for about an hour, and it is now about 1 in the morning. Let me know what you think. If you think there are any individual parts, sections, or riffs that damage the song as a whole, let me know so I can rewrite it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5wt2tikz0no
Didint care a whole lot for the intro. It was pretty standard. Same with verse 1.
I thought the chorus was great though. The only thing about the chorus i didn't like was the crash cymbal. Bridge was cool. That's really all I gotta say.

Since i didn't really give a whole lot of feedback i won't ask for a return crit. But if you want some advice, you need to slow down. You write a lot of songs, but it doesn't seem like you really put a lot of work into them. Instead of writing 4 average songs, take the time to write 1 really good one. Cheers and good luck.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
Didint care a whole lot for the intro. It was pretty standard. Same with verse 1.
I thought the chorus was great though. The only thing about the chorus i didn't like was the crash cymbal. Bridge was cool. That's really all I gotta say.

Since i didn't really give a whole lot of feedback i won't ask for a return crit. But if you want some advice, you need to slow down. You write a lot of songs, but it doesn't seem like you really put a lot of work into them. Instead of writing 4 average songs, take the time to write 1 really good one. Cheers and good luck.

Alright, that's for the review, and the honesty. I was a little iffy on the crash cymbal myself, so I'll go back and redo that. And, admitably, I am a little quick to just put down a measure of straight eighth-notes or something like that and call it a song; I'll have to try to slow down, and pay more attention to detail. I'll go back and do some editing once I have a chance; I'm in the process of moving, so I have a LOT to do, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to work on it.

By the way, do you think it would work for the intro to cut out bars 13-20, and then change 21 to go with 12, or do you think it's best as is?
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 26, 2009,