Page 1 of 2
the CR forum has guns and roses, the punk forum has green day, the metal forum has slipknot...who's the "standard" hated band here?
The Killers or Coldplay, probably. Maybe Franz Ferdinand or the Decemberists.
When my music meets your science, (they're the biggest of the giants)
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
I dont hate them but I'd agree with that statement.

Once again, why?
I don't pay much attention to this sort of stuff... what reasons are there for people to hate them?
I cant really give you a good answer on that one but when you talk about the different genres having their "pariah" if that makes any sense then I'd have to say they would come close this is probably attributed to their commercial success and populairty across the board.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Coldplay definitely.
MIA 1979 Fender Strat
Epi LP Standard
Squier Strat

Tanglewood

Laney TF300
Fender Frontman 15G

Zoom G1
there is no hate in this forum, we're a peace loving tribe *reported*
Quote by Mothma

i'm sorry but I absolutely love The Decemberists.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
And I love Franz Ferdinand ^

Looks like there isn't a band we can universally hate on that's specifically indie Vampire Weekend maybe?

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I think the moral of the story is the indie lovers are a more chill, accepting bunch than the metalheads and punks.

/thread.
Quote by LordBaxtus
I think the moral of the story is the indie lovers are a more chill, accepting bunch than the metalheads and punks.

/thread.

depends what sort of indie lovers. the people here are pretty chill and accepting, but lots of the indie lovers i know are close minded twats (more so than the average metalhead, as not only does a band have to be tr00, it also has to be completely unheard of and distributed on floppy disk or some ****)
Quote by Bluesy_Guy
You can't say that because they are hated everywhere

i agree they r hated everywhere just look at my sig
Originally Posted by TeenBite
Pfft, you all with your big shredding solos. I just play pinch harmonics, then play the same note again without a pinch harmonic. Everyone is like "teh fook?!".
i don't think a feeling like hate should ever be associated with music. it just doesn't make any sense to me. yeah, bands like coldplay, they aren't really my thing, but i'm sure there are people that dig them the same way i dig the bands i do, so that's cool. i'm just not going to waste a bunch of energy hating on a music act. i think it's dumb.
I can't believe no-ones mentioned The Kooks yet. I don't hate many bands, I appreciate bits of Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and others mentioned above even though they're not really my thing, but there really is nothing to recommend about the Kooks.
Yeah The Kooks, The Fratellis and The View all sound like the same band.
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
I just don't understand where all the fuss came from. Literally anyone can play a four chord progression over and over on a scratchy acoustic with an annoying bouncy rhythm and then fake a working-class accent over the top. I met those guys a few times in my first year of uni, total Kate Nash syndrome, they're so posh it hurts.
i like vampire weekend. coldplay is not indie and neither is fall out boy. arctic monkeys i do not like.
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you
Coldplay
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
The Stone Roses.
Firstly for splitting up, and secondly for making ALL other music sound sh*t in comparison.

Seriously though, Coldplay. First album was okish. Down hill after that, became too pompus.
Saying that so have Oasis, Now thr like a bunch of EX Eton schoolies! lol!
Quote by Mothma

Whats wrong with the Killers? They sound ok
Im a killers fan. But really there are no hated bands you either like them or you dont.
Quote by baphomet1485
Whats wrong with the Killers? They sound ok

That's like asking "whats wrong with radio trash rock?" You answer that yourself.
Page 1 of 2