Hey guys, so first things first. Tonight after my gig I realized that my HW1 strat is just lacking something. I think playing my partscaster with Fralin Vintage Hots for so long has upped my standards so to speak, so I'm looking to upgrade the pickups in my HW1. I play anything from blues to classic rock, hard rock, and even metal on occasion. Since the HW1 is already HSS, I'd like to keep it that way, I already have one SSS strat. I'd be willing to even go HSH if convinced thoroughly though.

My amp is a Peavey Classic 30, and as you can see I have an EHX Metal Muff with Top Boost. I guess I'm not really sure what I want at this point, just thoughts on good HSS pickup combinations. I saw a guy's Warmoth strat in the Electric Guitar forum just a while ago that had Dimarzio Area pickups in the Neck and Middle, and a Pearly Gates in the bridge, which seemed interesting.

TL;DR...my HW1 strat is lacking in the pickup department, recommend me a good HSS setup of pickups, or give me your thoughts on pickups you've played.
I put a Duncan Custom Custom (TB11) in my HSS and I love it. Not sure how it would work for blues (13.7k I think) but you can use the neck for that. I love Duncan's customer service too. They'll do an advanced replacement for something else if you ended up not liking it.

CorduroyEW is a well respected UGr (and luthier) that hand winds custom pups and provides a discount to UGrs. Tell him what you want and he'll make it for you saving you some cash.

good luck
Are there pickups that don't fit in a strat slot though? I also have an HSS strat(sig) and have been thinking of possibly upgrading my pickup sometime. Something that would have coil tap. I mainly use my bridge position as the humbucker and only for the band I'm in that plays Foo Fighters-esque modern rock. I'm thinking of Dimarzio Evo 2's or D'Activators. any suggestions for me as well?

Sorry to threadjack, haha
Fender American Strat HSS MAHOGANY!
MXR Carbon Copy
BBE Soul Vibe
Fulltone OCD
Planet Waves Chromatic Tuner
Egnater Tweaker 1x12 Combo
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12 combo
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Taylor 114CE