I've been looking into a new guitar for a heavily distorted rock sound. I've heard many people claim Teles to be superior over Strats but they seem to be better suited for country and blues. From all the info that I've gathered it seems like the MIM Strat would be the best option for my price range(please do inform me if I'm wrong).

The main problem with the Strat that I can see is the giant buzz it comes with, especially when you add alot of gain. The options I've seen to get rid of this are the Fender noisless pups or HBs. Supposeldy the noisless ones suck and sound bland, while the Humbuckers take away from the Strats natural sound... But supposeldy the Strats natural sound is thin and tinny as well.. so woldn't Humbuckers lessen the thin ****tyness as well as the hum? Please help because this guitar choosing thing is getting complicated and redundant.
Quote by Boredom210
I've been looking into a new guitar for a heavily distorted rock sound. I've heard many people claim Teles to be superior over Strats but they seem to be better suited for country and blues. From all the info that I've gathered it seems like the MIM Strat would be the best option for my price range(please do inform me if I'm wrong).

The main problem with the Strat that I can see is the giant buzz it comes with, especially when you add alot of gain. The options I've seen to get rid of this are the Fender noisless pups or HBs. Supposeldy the noisless ones suck and sound bland, while the Humbuckers take away from the Strats natural sound... But supposeldy the Strats natural sound is thin and tinny as well.. so woldn't Humbuckers lessen the thin ****tyness as well as the hum? Please help because this guitar choosing thing is getting complicated and redundant.

Don't buy a strat. Get something with humbuckers.
heavy distortion = not single coils.

Why not just get a strat shaped ibanez?

humbuckers, great necks, sweet tone, you cant really go wrong.
look at the andy timmons sig.
What about a fat strat? You'll have a humbucker for distortion, but you can get a variety of sounds that almost no other electric can provide you with.
If something is nothing it must not be something in any possible way
ibanezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

or whatever you like, you know if you try and buy you hardly ever go wrong.
Quote by Boredom210

what i would say is get a strat with a swimming pool route (blanked out from by the bridge to over by the neck) and then route the pickgaurd for buckers and then put 3 humbuckers in there and do coil taps on all 3. then you can switch between the humbucker tone and single coil tone
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
what i would say is get a strat with a swimming pool route (blanked out from by the bridge to over by the neck) and then route the pickgaurd for buckers and then put 3 humbuckers in there and do coil taps on all 3. then you can switch between the humbucker tone and single coil tone

good idea! i recommend the universal route whenever i'm not trying to tell people how great ibanez is, so both are great options basically you get a strat with a big open route in it, and you can get whatever pickups you want drilled in the pickguard. if you want a guitar with a humbucker and a volume knob thats fine, or a HSH guitar with 2 volumes and a tone. it's a really cool set up.

So for the people saying single-coils aren't for high gain, wouldn't humbuckers be the solution as I said in my OP?
HSS strat would be the best option.

How much money do you have for this?
Yamaha pac 112
Fender FM 65R
GGG guvnor (DIY)
Dunlop 535Q
Then again Ritchie Blackmore and Hendrix had LOTS of gain, but it wasn't exactly metal sounding.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Typically, strats have single coil p/u's, so not great for heavy distortion. You could get one with a H/B in the bridge, but you obviously don't like how that takes away the natural strat sound.

I would say get something that is built for H/Bs, like a Gibson or something. But that's just me.
i'd go for the mim, hmm but i do love ibanez guitars too
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
I play heavily distorted most of the time, but since I couldn't find any guitar that played better than the Strat i got, I bought it anyway. And as you see in my sig., I have a LP too, but I play the Strat most of the time. I get some feedback at very high volume combined with high gain, but it's quite easy to install a single-coil sized 'bucker and not so expensive if you can't stand it.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
try jackson, ibanez, shecter, ltd, or even a les paul all those would kill a strat for your genres.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Standard-Stratocaster-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=501160#new

You'll probably want to swap the pickups with something higher-output, but if you like the feel of a strat but want a humbuckers, HSS strats get the job done while still leaving a set of glassy single-coils in the neck and mid slots.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
I'd say a HSH guitar would really be best for you. That way, you have a primarily rock/distortion guitar, but you still have a single coil in case you need it. Or a HSS, but not a Fender. Jackson DK2 would be a good option, as would an Ibanez S470DXQM.