Ok so im trying to set up and arrange a benefit concert where all the money ($5 admission fee) goes to a charity. The whole purpose of the concert though is to do some speaking about trying to help unite people and get people to come together and help one another and find the inner peace within themselves. The concert is for anyone and im encouraging everyone who comes to bring their mother, father, or close friend. The point is i need to help make a setlist of songs to play. I perfer to play songs that stay on the topic of peace, unity, helping out one another, etc but any really good song with do. Thanks for the help.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Come Together - Beatles.

Close with it.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
Quote by WyldChylde
Come Together - Beatles.

Close with it.

dammit, I was gonna say the exact thing.

how about "we are the champions" from queen?
It sounds like a pretty grassroots thing. Get some local folk bands, they always have a positive, unifying type of message.
the ladies love when i gyrate my ass in front of a graveyard
CC- I cum blood.
Cookie monster genocide my nation! HE MUST DIE MENS

Art is never finished it is only abandoned.

Real mitalhead don't give a f**k if it is Wensday or a dick in the a**
the best one is imagine by john lennon. i don't think emo music is a good thing, but your set list idea is pretty good, staying on topic
any song from nirvana
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
friends will be friends- queen
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Can I make a suggestion? Messages of peace and unity are nice but don't let it devolve into vague hippie-ish drivel. Play songs that have what you're looking for, but also some intelligence to them (ie. NOT anything by the Foo Fighters)
Quote by pepsi1187
we are the world

one of the worst songs ever.

honestly.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Help the Poor by Robben Ford is an awesome song.

Just play some Dylan but like blackflag said don't get into the rambling nonsense thing that alot of the hippie culture bands get into.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
hugh laurie- all we gotta do

youtube it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
The songs i have so far in no specific order except the last one is:
*Imagine-John Lennon
Message to harry manback(Piano only of course)-Tool
Colorblind(Acoustic)-Counting Crows
Inside Us All-Creed
Drive-Incubus
Let Me Sign-Rob Pattinson
One Sweet World-Dave Matthews Band
Swing Life Away-Rise Against
Outside-Staid
Nutshell-Alice in Chains
Meant to Live-Switchfoot
*Hundred-The Fray

That is just an idea so far i have a couple more im thinking about. I'll probably play some matchbox 20 too. Im going to play 6-12 songs.

*songs im playing for sure.
"Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it." ~Henry David Thoreau
Quote by Demon Wolf
one of the worst songs ever.

honestly.

in what context? lol

that song raised 60 million dollars for a benefit cause
Quote by blackflag49
Can I make a suggestion? Messages of peace and unity are nice but don't let it devolve into vague hippie-ish drivel. Play songs that have what you're looking for, but also some intelligence to them (ie. NOT anything by the Foo Fighters)

Yeah im trying to avoid that and thats why i was thinking about playing songs not on topic exact which is why i dont really want to play any john lennon or anything but i thing i kinda have to start off with imagine then just stray from there. The music is just a plus and kinda a relief from all the seriousness of it.
Champagne Supernova-Oasis
Knocking on Heavens Door-Guns N Roses
Don't Stop Believing-Journey
Quote by TehPsychoChef
closing time-sub sonic

thats by semi sonic...not sub sonic
Quote by pepsi1187
in what context? lol

that song raised 60 million dollars for a benefit cause

yeah that is great.

but the song, as a song, is awful. i can not stand it and its smug-ness.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
**** the border by Propagandhi
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
Wind of Change-Scorpions it has a cool solo so go for it.
Proud owner of a Les Paul
Any songs by Dave Matthews Band.
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.