Guys, please help me choose my first electric guitar.

I have short-listed 3 guitars-
1. BC Rich metal master warlock
2. Ibanez GRG170
3. Ibanez GRG270

I love playing rock and out of these three I am liking warlock the most.
Please help.
the warlock is the worst out of them, the grg170 is okay, and i havent played the grg270
the grg270 has a bad trem(actually a double locking trem for a beginner is not a good idea), which is why i wont recommend it to you. the warlock is just bad.
out of those 3 i would recommend the grg170(i actually started playing with that one), but you should look at the ibanez rg321: same price as the grg, but much better.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 BK with a Dimarzio Evo in bridge
Jet city Jca2112rc
Digitech Bad Monkey
get one of the ibanez and what amp are you gonna get??? your already one step ahead of me because your not getting a legacy starter pack my amp sucks balls but a roland cube would be good for rock
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Any interest in a Les Paul type? Agile in USA or Vintage in Europe both make/sell pretty good ones which are excellent for beginners and great for all types of rock. The shorter scale is good for starters too as its a bit easier to play and bends are much nicer, too.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

go for a higher end bc rich the metalmaster not worth even buying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinsk8r91
practice young padawan and your fingers strong they will one day be, HMMMmmm.

this
Last edited by slipknot1991 at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by slipknot1991
go for a higher end bc rich the metalmaster not worth even buying. And what kind of amp are you intending on getting?

yeah next time just read the post above you
Amp, get a Peavey Vypyr 30.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
DO NOT buy the BC Rich. The more expensive ones are nice, but the lower-end ones have sort of a bad reputation...
Ibanez! you should look into some dean guitars, though. They have a couple cheap guitars that look good for starters.

Flippedit: LINK/

DO NOT buy the b. c. rich.

Flippedit: I think I killed the thread, or won it.
Last edited by SlayingDragons at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by geniusidroid
Well I bought a Schecter demon.

You mean Damien?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
I love my 170DX the bridge is pretty meh because there's no locking tuners so you can't use the whammy anyway, but without the whammy it's fine,

If money isn't a issue a 321MH would be a better choice instead of the 170DX
Quote by Pac_man0123
The demon is a discontinued model i think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeK26GEAt-Y

Yep, the above is a demo of the 7 string model but I only found a very grainy one of the 6 string.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWZx_Q9f580
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
Last edited by Slash546 at Jul 3, 2009,
Quote by thisdude
but you should look at the ibanez rg321

agreed. or maybe a lag jet 200 or roxane 200 if you're in europe- the RRP is quite a bit higher, but i've seen them advertised by shops for a similar price to the ibanez rg321.

Roland cube 30 or microcube would be cool for the amp.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
agreed. or maybe a lag jet 200 or roxane 200 if you're in europe- the RRP is quite a bit higher, but i've seen them advertised by shops for a similar price to the ibanez rg321.

Roland cube 30 or microcube would be cool for the amp.

Quote by geniusidroid
Well I bought a Schecter demon.

i missed that...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?