Just read it and it sounds pretty legit to me. The logic makes sense and he seems to have the electronics backup to prove it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Just read it and it sounds pretty legit to me. The logic makes sense and he seems to have the electronics backup to prove it.

agreed, though it is a theory i have not heard before. Doesn't make it untrue though.
Yeah, that's about right. There's nothing terrifically surprising there, except that he treats it like a big deal. I think a better way of making his point is that the phase inverter affects headroom and dynamics in much the same way that V1 effects tone.

But yes, most of the information there is true regarding how the PI interacts with the circuit.
I agree with Roc that its less of a deal than they make it sound.

I would submit that the QUALITY of V1 is the most important in the amp, but the type and character of the PI tube is most important.

Another way of looking at it: they're all important, because without the preamp tubes or the PI tubes, you get no sound. Also, the sound varies... preamp tubes generate one type of distortion, PIs another type, PAs still another type.
Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial
it;s not wrong, but at the end of the day I trust my ears more than the raw elctronics. JJ power tubes do make my amp darker than Sovteks, and a 12AT7 in the PI slot does make it sound much more open. I don't give a toss how it all works, as long as it does work.
Quote by kyle62
it;s not wrong, but at the end of the day I trust my ears more than the raw elctronics. JJ power tubes do make my amp darker than Sovteks, and a 12AT7 in the PI slot does make it sound much more open. I don't give a toss how it all works, as long as it does work.

Quote by kcdakrt
DLrocket89 makes my ug experience better!

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

Kit Amp Building Tutorial