What are some Guitar brands that make the basic shape of the lespauls? I mean cheap.
I will check it out, I am just after the guitar body thats all.
Quote by Wizzle
I will check it out, I am just after the guitar body thats all.

I tried the stagg les paul and it was god awful. Are you doing a project or something?
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
vintage
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Fender 300CE T-Bucket
Dean DOF ML [For Sale]
Marshall AVT 2000 valvestate
Ibanez modified turbo tube screamer
Digitech RP250
I just want a Les Paul shaped body and possibly a decent fretboard etc etc... I don't care about the wiring or that **** right now.... I was want to design my own Les Paul and then re-wire it all with legit Les paul Wiring.
http://www.1to1music.co.uk/guitars-amp-basses/electric-guitars
Maple body, bolt-on I think. But the shape is good and the price is.... silly. Weight is too low so heavily chambered I'd guess.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Last edited by Lurcher at Jun 26, 2009,
Get someone with a set neck and mahogany body + neck, otherwise you might as well get 500 pieces of paper glued together and cut out in the shape of a les paul with scissors.
Quote by eyebanez333
Agile if you're in the US

does it hurt to much too look to the left of a post just to see if they put their location in?
Quote by azn_guitarist25
does it hurt to much too look to the left of a post just to see if they put their location in?

Give me a break

A few reasons why I didn't:
1. Its early here
2. I'm too lazy for that shit
3. I really don't care enough

j/k

TS: good luck
Look for a used Epi with a set neck. There are a lot of decent LP copies out there in the 250 to 300 range but if you plan on rebuilding a guitar go used for $100.00 or less. Check your Local classifieds, guitar shops and pawn shops for a LP copy for a good price. I prefer a set neck but if your comfortable with a bolt on get one it will be a little less expensive. I got a decent Epi LP special on Ebay for $60.00 shipped with a HSC the wiring was shot, the pups sucked, it was missing the cavity covers and there were stickers all over it. After just about an hour using parts I had in my parts bin I made a pretty decent guitar out of it. I even covered the top with a diamond plate added clear speed knobs and the guitar sounds good and looks killer.

$60.00 an hour of my time and parts I got for nothing left over from jobs I did on other peoples guitars. Here is a pic before I replaced the knobs.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/johnro6659/pictures/gear/131116/
Last edited by johnro6659 at Jun 26, 2009,
well, if your looking for the cheapest, dont be surprised when they sound like ass, you get what you pay for.

id say aglie
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Go on Warmoth and order what you want, if your going to spend all that money and time working on it, you want it to sound good and if it doesn't have good wood it will sound like crap.
Check out the Saga LP kits. They are unfinished and in pieces. They are relatively inexpensive too.
Seriously, I'm in the band.
www.rondomusic.com

Agile AL-2000 for only $200. I plan on buying one in the near future.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
Quote by Rhoads_1096
Go on Warmoth and order what you want, if your going to spend all that money and time working on it, you want it to sound good and if it doesn't have good wood it will sound like crap.

I am going to rip out the wiring and humbuckers etc etc and replace them with legit les paul wiring.. I want to redesign my own les paul and I don't see the point in buying a new les paul and stripping off the paint etc etc.
Quote by Wizzle
I am going to rip out the wiring and humbuckers etc etc and replace them with legit les paul wiring.. I want to redesign my own les paul and I don't see the point in buying a new les paul and stripping off the paint etc etc.

what do you mean by legit les paul wiring? if you mean like taking all the electronics from a gibson les paul then why do you want to do that?
Quote by Wizzle
Well be aware that no matter how much you mess with it, a cheap LP copy is always going to have inferior core construction and lower quality wood than a more expensive model off the shelf. That counts for far more than any of the electronics - it's a much, much smarter idea to buy a guitar with a good basic body and neck and live with average electronics than buy a guitar with a crap body and neck and stick expensive pickups and pots in it.

That said, Rally, Vintage, Agile, Tokai, ESP, Edwards, Indie, or just Epiphone. There's really ****-all difference between them. Epiphone and ESP cost a bit more because of their brand associations and they tend to have nicer stock hardware but that's about it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
How cheap is cheap?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7