Hey guys,

So i got this question, and I somehow fear I already know the answer, but I'm still gonna ask it. So, I play in 2 bands, one just rock n roll band and another is a big band. When I'm playing gigs, even though my amp is fully aimed at me, i still need to get the volume open to about 50%. This is pretty okay for the distortion channel, it sounds a bit fuzzy but okay. Though when I'm playing clean, when I strum it sounds rather.. distorted, like I have a clean boost on it, you know what I mean ? Not a really nice smooth clean. Could it be my amp can't handle the volume it has to be running at?

Thanks
yeah, probably. from what i can remember from my avt100 (i've since sold it, so i can't check), it stayed pretty clean most of the way up, but did break up when really pushed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
is your guitar volume at max?

use thinner picks?

turn the clean channel volume down and the master up?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Well, I play with my guitar volume a lot, really. But if I turn it down too much at gigs, people in the crowd can hear it but I can't. Also, about the pick thing.. I use.. pff, medium ones, like a bit less than 1mm. And for the clean/master, I dont have that ^^.
hmm well, how hard do you pick with the sub 1mm ones? for picked cleans i use 0.5mm and for strumming i use 0.38mm

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ