Hey!

I was looking at a Mesa Dual rectifier from an US music store site, its about 2x less expensive than here in Europe. So my question is, if I buy it from US, can I use it here, the electricity is 230V/50Hz . I thought of Marshall amplifiers as they have / had the function to select the voltage with a switch at the back.
Yes, but you'll need a stepdown transformer. Mesas don't come with switchable mains voltage transformers (at least not anymore, some older Marks had switchable transformers)
Don't know about that, but you could just use a transformer.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

YOu will have to pay like 500€ more since it's not from the European union and so expensive...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Shipping will be extortionate, and once you've factored in VAT and customs charges it won't be worth it. Buy an ENGL or a Framus instead.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ I'm not sure I agree. Considering the price difference between europe and the USA for Mesas (they're pretty much twice the price in europe, if not more), if you definitely want and need the mesa tone (I haven't tried a framus, but any engl i've tried doesn't really sound like a mesa), it'd probably be a lot cheaper to import even factoring in the big postage charge, step down transformer and customs.

Problem is finding someone who'll export one, I don't think the US dealers are allowed to do so.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
rectos have an operating range of like 220-240 dont they?

maybe thats just the uk imports.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

^ that's going to be the european ones...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I was thinking of ordering a rectifier from a music store and then use a mail forwarding service, they would repack the package and send it to me. But obviously that would not work well.

I have a option to buy a ENGL in my local music store, the guy there is the official distributor of these amps in my country. Which one would be simmilar to a dual rectifier? I would like to find out more about these amps before I try them.
Quote by steven seagull
Shipping will be extortionate, and once you've factored in VAT and customs charges it won't be worth it. Buy an ENGL or a Framus instead.

Indeed. I'd get the Engl Powerball
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I'm looking for rectifier style tone. I play Death, Bring me the Horizon, Children of Bodom, Metallica; need nice clean sound and from old Marshall style tone to modern high gain. Budget is not important, it has to be in some limits of course.

EDIT:
What about the new Fireball 100?
Last edited by mtjs at Jun 26, 2009,
Well, there's plenty of amps to consider. I figure an Engl Savage is a place to start if you want a sort of old school Marshall-y tone as well as modern metal tones. I'd also try a Framus Cobra, it doesn't sound exactly like a Recto, but does the same styles equally well (imo). I think the Cobra might do it for you.

Consider other stuff as well. Framus Dragon, Diezel VH4/Einstein/Herbert, pretty much the entire Engl line up, Koch, Brunetti....
I haven't played the new Fireball yet, but if it's anything like the older Fireball, I wouldn't count on it for old Marshall tones. Modern metal shouldn't be a problem though.
Quote by TheQuailman
Well, there's plenty of amps to consider. I figure an Engl Savage is a place to start if you want a sort of old school Marshall-y tone as well as modern metal tones. I'd also try a Framus Cobra, it doesn't sound exactly like a Recto, but does the same styles equally well (imo). I think the Cobra might do it for you.

Consider other stuff as well. Framus Dragon, Diezel VH4/Einstein/Herbert, pretty much the entire Engl line up, Koch, Brunetti....
I haven't played the new Fireball yet, but if it's anything like the older Fireball, I wouldn't count on it for old Marshall tones. Modern metal shouldn't be a problem though.

Thank you, I got the idea now
^ agreed (except for having not tried framus).

none of the engls I've tried sounds exactly like a recto, they have their own thing going on. if you can try them easily at that local distributor, though, you might as well, you don't have anything to lose. the fireball (talking about the 60, i haven't tried the 100 yet) *might* be the closest to a recto style of tone. it's not terribly versatile, though.

"need nice clean sound and from old Marshall style tone to modern high gain."

at the risk of stating the obvious, a recto isn't really going to give you that range of tones either.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 26, 2009,