Hello!

So I made a bit of searching but found nothing useful.
I know monster cables are known as the best but...that's a bit pricey don't you think?
I need the cables for live gigs also on like...hmmmm...medium sized stages.
I need one to run from my amp to my BBE Crusher distortion and one from the BBE to my guitar. If I'd want monster cables for that, it'd come over 100€.
Which I don't have to spend cuz I'm buying a MIM fat strat or something...

Short:

I need good sounding cables for medium sized stages.

Any suggestions?
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
IMMO

I make my own. Use good plugs, decent cable and solder properly. Better and cheaper than any brand of ready made.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

i just get whatever cables my local shop has that are good quality, i look for high quality components such as switchcraft or neutrik plugs
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Monster are an absolute rip off and a very nasty company - avoid at all costs.

Surprisingly, the best cable I've ever owned - which has survived three years of twice-weekly gigging when most others die within a few months - is a Fender 'Vintage Voltage' cloth covered lead. Only about £15 and does the job damn well.

Quote by kyle62
Monster are an absolute rip off and a very nasty company - avoid at all costs.

Surprisingly, the best cable I've ever owned - which has survived three years of twice-weekly gigging when most others die within a few months - is a Fender 'Vintage Voltage' cloth covered lead. Only about £15 and does the job damn well.

Will see if I can get.

Btw...what about elixir cables?
I heard good things about them.
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
Quote by Kozlic
Will see if I can get.

Btw...what about elixir cables?
I heard good things about them.

Are they coated in a thin polymer to make them last three times longer?

They look alright. I've never bought into the whole 'smoother, more balanced mids' cable hype crap unless you're using a ludicrously top-end rig, but they look decent enough. With cables, anything with a lifetime guarantee will more than likely be fine.

George L's cables are top-end, probably a great deal better than Monster. Not that expensive either, especially if you buy the 'patch lead kits'. Hell, Eric Johnson uses them, and he's a seriously fussy tone geek. Check them out.
Thanks to all of you
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
Best cables I've ever used were klotz lagrange cables. In the USA they sell for around $80 for a 10ft cable but on this side of the world you should be able to get them pretty cheap.
Not taking any online orders.
You want the best sounding cables? You want good sounding cables that won't break the bank? Regardless, go check out http://www.lavacable.com for all of your cable needs. The owner, Mark, has given me great service and advice, and the only reason I would not recommend buying from them is if you just want a budget cable.
Quote by Crydius
http://www.deathvalleycablecompany.com/

Cables ranging from $26 to $40.

16ft cables are recommended as the longest length you to maintain full quality of a guitar, and only cost $33.95

30ft Cables cost $39.95

All of the cables are custom made for you when you order with your choice of plugs.

Testimonials:
http://www.deathvalleycablecompany.com/testimonials.html

sure...but as you can see under my avatar...I'M NOT FROM THE ****ING USA!
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
ok...
Will ask about shipping costs...but usually when the cost is more than 25€ you've got to pay taxes or something that usually come over 100€.
3. You're reading now.
6. You just checked it.

Quote by hawk_kst
I just checked and Ebay said it would come to $53.95 USD with no shipping insurance required.

That would mean a flat rate of $20 for shipping.

I would still say that it is an amazing deal for the quality of the cables that Death Valley Cables makes.

They're all hand made and made to your specifications, and kept at an affordable rate.

Also, ordering from his site directly may get you a better shipping cost, or contacting him directly.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Best cables I've ever used were klotz lagrange cables. In the USA they sell for around $80 for a 10ft cable but on this side of the world you should be able to get them pretty cheap.

This... I've never gone "gaga" over a cable before but this is something else. I thought the Evidence Lyric HG was good when I tried it and loved the bass response; but these La Grange cables have the top end I love from the George Ls cables but without the shrill highs on single coils. I won't be going back to my Van Damme or Mogami cables anytime soon...

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by mikewaz
You want the best sounding cables? You want good sounding cables that won't break the bank? Regardless, go check out http://www.lavacable.com for all of your cable needs. The owner, Mark, has given me great service and advice, and the only reason I would not recommend buying from them is if you just want a budget cable.

[/thread]

Mark's great, his cables are even better.

Bullit makes nice stuff too, but it's booteek $$$.

Mogami is good off the rack, and if it ever breaks, just walk into Guitar Denter and swap it off the wall for a new one, no muss, no fuss.

You need guitar cables.

Spend money on guitar cables.

Cheaping out on the only link you have for audible sound = fail.

Don't buy into the hype of "oxygen free pure single strand unobtanium haunting mid enhanced" BS.

DO buy into the hype of of "This **** aint ever gonna break" truth.
all GOOD cables are gonna cost you some money, but so do GOOD amps, GOOD guitars, etc. I liike Mogami and Monster cables.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Cloth covered cables suck. They're prone to twisting and sticking - and they don't shake loose easy.

Monster cables are decent. Not a rip off by any means for their standard cables. Plus they have a lifetime warranty. If you live in the states, Just bring the broken cable into a retailer and they'll swap it out no questions even without a receipt.
Last edited by 667 at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by power freak
This... I've never gone "gaga" over a cable before but this is something else. I thought the Evidence Lyric HG was good when I tried it and loved the bass response; but these La Grange cables have the top end I love from the George Ls cables but without the shrill highs on single coils. I won't be going back to my Van Damme or Mogami cables anytime soon...

i've been hearing a lot of people saying those la granges are really nice... grr, i might have to try one at some point.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?