Hi guys, i know this is like the 4th post that i am posting about this, im really sorry but i need thy help once again. So now, i went to my local guitar store and the guy there ended up loaning me a Boss OS-2 pedal for a day, i dont really like it, it sucks quite a bit of tone and i will never use the distortion setting as its way too muddy on my rig....
So now i got 3 options left, they got a boss SD-1 and a OD-9 .... which ones of these 2 will keep my amps tone the most, (i dig my amps tone) and wich one will push my amp the most without being too noisy.... The other option is quite expensif.... the guy offered me a Ibanez Tube King for about (200$ ...) ja its expensif, he promised me that it has wicked distortion(the guy is some kind of metal head like I but way more hardcore...lol) and it won't kill my tone of my amp and can do a variety of styles , such as hard rock , rock and even death metal!...., unfortunatelly they don't have one yet... and its a order only item. So which one is the wisest choice out of the 3, i dont mind spending more for the tube king as long as its as good as they say....
I like Rock, Hard Rock and Old School Metal. To give you an idea here are the bands i like: The Scorpions (i love their tone), Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Bad Religion and Helloween.

Anyways . ROck on!
Bosses pedals aren't that great. I mean for a practice amp or crappy solid state they're perfect but if you're running a tube amp maybe you should look at something a little better.

If you going for OD's then:

*Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9/TS-808
^^ (These are very transparent OD's...let your amp shine through!)

*Fulltone OCD/Fulldrive
*MXR GT-OD

Distortions:
*Big Muff? (Yes I know it's kind of a fuzz)
*MXR 104+
*Metal Muff (For heavy stuff?)
*Keeley Modded DS-1?

Look used!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
i woudl just get a stock ibanez ts9, for the price its worth every penny and i happen to prefer the stock ts9's over the ts808's and other overdrives such as klon centaur and ocd
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by hendrixftw
Bosses pedals aren't that great. I mean for a practice amp or crappy solid state they're perfect but if you're running a tube amp maybe you should look at something a little better.

the boss sd -1 is quite a nice pedal and it is extremely transparent. if you have the money the keeley mod makes it awsome. i run a ds2 and sd1 in front of my engl end they both do their job well. personally though as an overdrive pedal i like the maxon od9 better then both the sd1 and the ts9.
Quote by hendrixftw
*Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9/TS-808
^^ (These are very transparent OD's...let your amp shine through!)
Tubescreamers aren't transparent at all. They have a large mid-hump...

Quote by gregs1020
What amp?
+1
A laney LC 15-R, and also, is the tube king any good? I heard many good and bad things on harmony central , dont know what to believe.
Quote by hendrixftw

that is backwards imo. boss pedals sound sterile and tinny into crappy amps, but if used correctly, can sound amazing with a good amp, even though if badly set up of course they can make good amps sound bad too. the reason for this is that they are quite transparent sounding so you need a good tone to begin with.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.