i was looking to buy a tremolo pedal for my bass. i was interested in the pulsar or the boss tr-2 i cant seem to find any sound clips and i dont have a music shop in the town i live so i was wondering if anyone has used these pedals or have any suggestions on some tremolo pedals for bass?
Jared Followill from Kings Of Leon uses the Boss TR-2, can be found on the first line of the riff on 'On call' and, most of 'Black Thumbnail'.
Last edited by The 7.18 at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Casketcreep
Why not get a trem bridge?

in strict musical terms, tremolo is a variation in pitch. so rapid bending and unbending, and the use of a trem bridge is "real" tremolo.
But a tremolo pedal makes a variation in volume (in strict musical terms, vibrato).

the confusion comes from fender - they called built in vibrato units in their amps "tremolo" and their whammy bars "vibrato's". and everyone else just stuck with the names.

If I was thread strater I'd just buy a danelectro tremolo or something - it's not the kind of thing you'd use every song. alternatively you could get a volume pedal with a min. value pot, then you can make it go in-tempo. (the only probelm would be you wouldn't go really fast with it)
Quote by jimRH7
in strict musical terms, tremolo is a variation in pitch. so rapid bending and unbending, and the use of a trem bridge is "real" tremolo.
But a tremolo pedal makes a variation in volume (in strict musical terms, vibrato).

the confusion comes from fender - they called built in vibrato units in their amps "tremolo" and their whammy bars "vibrato's". and everyone else just stuck with the names.

If I was thread strater I'd just buy a danelectro tremolo or something - it's not the kind of thing you'd use every song. alternatively you could get a volume pedal with a min. value pot, then you can make it go in-tempo. (the only probelm would be you wouldn't go really fast with it)

You got the two mixed up in there. By strict definition tremolo is change in volume and vibrato is pitch
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
You got the two mixed up in there. By strict definition tremolo is change in volume and vibrato is pitch

Yes, Leo Fender got the two mixed up. Putting pitch altering "tremelos" on his guitars and volume swelling "vibrato" on his amps
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Last edited by ScottB. at Jul 7, 2009,