Page 1 of 4
They can play with emotion or be melodic as well but who's some that can just whip out the guitar from behind their back and sweep or play with their teeth or tap or windmill or slide their arms down the neck or trem pick or whatever else it is. I think Van Halen or Hendrix, although hendrix was more a visual kind of thing than lots of technical ability. Anyone else? I want some new guitarists so I don't get bored
wat
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
John Petrucci
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
matt bellamy
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
brian may.

extremely versatile. not very much so physically, but sound-wise. he emulated a whole dixie jazz band in the song good company with just his guitar.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Last edited by Demon Wolf at Jun 26, 2009,
Herman Li, MAB
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
Quote by Balmazer
Herman Li, MAB

Dear Lord

ಠ_ಠ
Andy McKee
Erik Mongrain
Matt Bellamy...yes i know hes been said, but he deserves 2 mentions
Michael Angelo Batio (when hes not being a smart arse)
Steve Jones was an awesome ventriloquist.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Chris Cheaney.

Not that many of you would know him. He's from the living end.

I've been at their shows and he does all sorts of tricks, leaves me gobsmacked haha.

Cheers.
HI THERE
Les Paul?
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
you want some new guitarists?

ILL GIVE YA SUM NEW GUITARISTS!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by JohnnyV
Joe Perry is a pretty bomb guitarist. I'd call him a bag of awesome.

James

My Gear
schecter elite 5 hny sat
Kustom 30 WATT kba30
SWR vintage workingman combo 500/1500
Yamaha Extension 500w Speaker
SWR Workingman Extension 500w Speaker
Quote by white falcon119
Chris Cheaney.

Not that many of you would know him. He's from the living end.

I've been at their shows and he does all sorts of tricks, leaves me gobsmacked haha.

Cheers.

I second that.

heard about him doing the white album as a show live? awesome!
dime, kirk hammet,dave mustane, SRV, randy rhodes.
Last edited by guitarist_9018 at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'll agree. His biggest trick is making people think that Muse are more than just a slightly experimental alt rock band.

This. Although I've heard it's hard to sing falsetto while wanking a synthesiser because you're just too good for normal guitars.
Quote by tom1thomas1
They can play with emotion or be melodic as well but who's some that can just whip out the guitar from behind their back and sweep or play with their teeth or tap or windmill or slide their arms down the neck or trem pick or whatever else it is. I think Van Halen or Hendrix, although hendrix was more a visual kind of thing than lots of technical ability. Anyone else? I want some new guitarists so I don't get bored

Hendrix had more technical ability than you can probably fathom.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I'll agree. His biggest trick is making people think that Muse are more than just a slightly experimental alt rock band.

Oh come off it, Muse are awesome

And to answer TS, and I can't believe nobody's mentioned him yet...

TOM MORELLO!
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Theyre good. But certainly not as good or as prog as everyone makes them out to be.

Holy Sh!t, Muse is Prog rock? i thought they were just normal rock? wtf

still amazing though...
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Theyre good. But certainly not as good or as prog as everyone makes them out to be.

*humps leg*

This man knows!!!
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Agreed. I don't see the big deal with them.

On another note Angus Young always makes me say 'wtf'. He really gets into his playing. Hendrix puts me in awe.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

Well no, I agree, they're not prog like everybody says, but they definitely deserve the praise they've gotten for their albums.

It's a sound you don't hear anywhere else, and they manage to make it cool and commercially viable at the same time, something that's really quite hard to do.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by JohnnyV
Joe Perry is a pretty bomb guitarist. I'd call him a bag of awesome.

**** yeah!

Mick Mars too, the dude is way underrated.
Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
Tokai LC53 Les Paul Custom
Tokai ALS48 Love Rock Les Paul Standard
Marshall DSL-50 Head
Marshall 1936 2x12 Cabinet
Guthrie Govan...
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Sawman3
Hendrix had more technical ability than you can probably fathom.

Lol no.

He was great at putting on a show while playing those solos though.
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Lol no.

He was great at putting on a show while playing those solos though.

It wasn't traditional technicality, I'll give you that. It was still, however, technicality.
Remember this. Remember the summer. Whatever you do. Don't forget.
Paul Masvidal
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Brian setzer(the stray cats,Brian setzer orchestra, 69'comeback special, Brian Setzer) doesn't have tricks as much as a style.
he is quite possibly the pinnical of cool.
...Rockabilly FTW
Quote by Eliyahu
Mr.Cuddles killed The Metal!!!! FUCK YES!

Quote by TheReverend724
Mr Cuddles pretty much nailed it...

Quote by thanksgiving

"Oh Mr.Cuddles, you make my pants go boom boom. I are horny. Do not disappoint I"

Viscara (my band)
Page 1 of 4