Page 1 of 2
hey pit. Yesterday I went to a concert and was pretty close to the stage. It was a great show but when I woke up this morning my ears were still ringing with my left prominently so. It feels like there's a cotton ball in it or water, and it's still ringing. It got a straight shot when I would turn my head to look to the right. Has this happened to anyone else and have your ears been ok afterwards? I'm young and have been to other concerts but my ear hasnt felt like this before. Thanks for the responses I really need your help
Go to a doctor immediately. It can go away on it's own, but if it doesn't, it will be too late...

Next time use ear protection...
Yeah it happens. Lasted a day and a half for me when i was on the barrier right in front of one of the speaker/p.a things.

I'll probably be more sensible in future, you should too.
every time i hear about this i think about tinnitus.

get some earplugs!
Grooving to the Music

Skydiving Fund: R 50.00/ R 1600.00

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.

The Dalai Lama
Yeah...I was totally worried....my ears felt like that for like 4 days...I was pretty worried...I prayed about it and started seein a change and they finally got better after a week or so....So Jesus defenitely hooked me up...
Going Forward One Step At A Time
When I went to Wolfmother in 2007 I stood right next to the PA, worst/best decision of my life. Could barely hear for like 3 days after haha. you'll be fine, just don't do anything loud today.
Wear earplugs next time!
You can even hear the music better when you plug those in.
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
It happens...it will go away after a day or two, depends on how bad it is.
Bring ear plugs instead and when you play live use in-ear monitors instead of the ordinary ones...
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
i stood by the speakers at a COB concert. i had ringing for a week, and really bad stuff. then it just disappeared.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Get earplugs
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
You guys hear that? There's some kind of echo in this thread...

Anyway, when I go to a concert (with my earplugs) I leave them in for a few songs and take them out for one I particularly like. Or for some guitar solo.

A strange thing with inner ears is they can take some stress but not too long. 120 dB for one minute is not as bad as 90 dB for a whole day. I'm not a doctor, so don't sue me if I turn out to be wrong, but that's what I'm told.
Quote by Alex Vik
Congrats, you've learned that loud noises hurt your ears.

That sounds like a Sims 3 life goal...

If it doesn't clear up within the next few days, go to a doctor. It might be more serious than what you think.

The worst I had was when I went to see Queen + Paul Rodgers in Liverpool. Ears were ringing for a few days but I'm fine now.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Dont stand next to the speakers. Stand in the middle.
Ear plugs help.
But i don't use and my ears are fine... for now.
cherish it. You'll never be able to hear that frequency again.
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Had ringing in my ears after a Metallica concert for a couple of days. Still have it slightly (2 years later). Maybe i had it before already and the concert simply brought my attention to it or it was caused by the concert (most likely). What can you do (besides not be an idiot next time)
U haz teh AIDS!
But seriousley, it's normal. As long as you don't go to shows that often you should be alright.
I'm pretty sure i have tinnitus but fortunately it isn't in the "kill yourself" region :P (It apparently is THAT bad for some people). I have worn earplugs since when going to big concerts. As long as it doesn't worsen and i can still hear i should live but it would be awesome if they could find a cure :P
i stood infront of a PA speaker at the Sunn O))) grimmrobe gig earlier this year.
The force of the sound physically moved my hair.
You'll be fine, but i always wear earplugs for long term hearing benefit.
I lost some of my hearing in my left ear after being too close to some PA in a small venue. Someone pulled a XLR out of a mic and it went BANG during the show. Couldnt hear anyhting for good 20 seconds, then had bad ringing for a good 3 months. It still rings, but nowhere near as bad.

Safe to say, I've ****ed my ears over good.

I'm a drummer, I've ALWAYS worn ear plugs, and if not, rolled up tissue. The one time I didn't wear them and it happened.

I carry a set with me all the time.

this was april 2008
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
I went and saw Chimaira and Dethklok at the San Diego House Of Blues last year and stood right in front of the PA. My left ear was ringing for a good day or two after that.
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
i have that permanently from band practices and shows and stuff... it's not fun but sometimes you dont notice it.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
It's whenever i read about it randomly online or in threads like this (!) that i remember i have it. You grow used to it pretty quickly (maybe mine just isn't that bad).
Yeah, I went to a My Bloody Valentine show and wore earplugs but they were playing at a really sick volume so my ears rang for a day and a half after that. You'll feel better soon, although I was told my by sound engineer friend that the damage is technically irreversible. I doubt it will affect your day-to-day life, though.
Quote by metacarpi
I'd rather post a chat up line with an escape route in case it starts going wrong.

"Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"

*girl looks unimpressed*

"Because it looks like you landed on your face."
Quote by ClaptonWannabe
The amount of people saying 'you'll be fine' is pretty funny.

Why is that humorous?
Quote by Kozlic
It happens...it will go away after a day or two, depends on how bad it is.
Bring ear plugs instead and when you play live use in-ear monitors instead of the ordinary ones...

what are the in- ear monitors please explain me because i am just 15 year old very worried about this stuff .. and i already have tinnitus ... i never hear the ringing unless i press my ears i can hear it and sometimes it feels weird and stuff like that.. i currently have hearos high fidelity
I can hear a ring 24/7, it's something you can't fix, deal with it.

To avoid further ear damage wear earplugs if you must.
Quote by Reeen
Go to a doctor immediately. It can go away on it's own, but if it doesn't, it will be too late...

Next time use ear protection...

That sounds like something you'd hear from your friends after sleeping with a nasty girl...
Quote by alexcp94
what are the in- ear monitors please explain me because i am just 15 year old very worried about this stuff .. and i already have tinnitus ... i never hear the ringing unless i press my ears i can hear it and sometimes it feels weird and stuff like that.. i currently have hearos high fidelity

You know those big speakers on the stage that face towards the band and are like a PA system for the band? In ear monitors are basically those, except in your ear, a lot quieter, and soundproof.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
That sounds like a Sims 3 life goal...

If it doesn't clear up within the next few days, go to a doctor. It might be more serious than what you think.

The worst I had was when I went to see Queen + Paul Rodgers in Liverpool. Ears were ringing for a few days but I'm fine now.

but it was a brilliant concert wasnt it?

saw them at wembley last year, the sound was perfect. really loud, but not too loud.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by nick dixon
I lost some of my hearing in my left ear after being too close to some PA in a small venue. Someone pulled a XLR out of a mic and it went BANG during the show. Couldnt hear anyhting for good 20 seconds, then had bad ringing for a good 3 months. It still rings, but nowhere near as bad.

Safe to say, I've ****ed my ears over good.

I'm a drummer, I've ALWAYS worn ear plugs, and if not, rolled up tissue. The one time I didn't wear them and it happened.

I carry a set with me all the time.

this was april 2008

i have a similar story.. i was always scared of getting that hearing thing .. and always used earplugs. one time we played really loud and that night and it happened.. still have it and i live somewhere i dont think it can really help it lol but i will still try and be positive
Page 1 of 2