Just bought the thing yesterday, had no bridge,knobs or locking nuts. I was told it was an 84. The bridge is from an NJ series BC Rich Ironbird. Made in USA serial #: B6517. I am going to play out with this and probably make it look nicer, but I am curious to know if there is any value to it? How much you think it would go for? thanks!

]
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
no one can tell me how much its worth or where I can go?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Post some better pics if you can. Probaly an 84 but could be an 83 as well. Looks like it has the "beak" head stock. You could go to the kramer forum website and learn more about the guitar or go to vintagekramer.com. There is some information there as well. But neither site will give you a value, the forum damn sure wont! What did you give for it?

I dont have that model but I know some guys that do. I am a huge Kramer fan and that model is not seen as often as the other models. Not saying its super rare or anything, but I would think its worth to be somewhere in the $350 to $450 range. Assuming how original it is.
click for more pictures there is 5, its the one in the middle and is original everything except for bridge, and locking nuts
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
I am not real familiar with that model Kramer as I am not that fond of the body shape. Paint looks a little rough but other than that it looks killer! So what did you end up paying for it? Also those "beak" necks some Kramer collectors say were the best ever made. Not real sure about those necks either, they could have been made by Lasido or Sports. Don't think ESP were making them until later on in the 80's. Also those pick ups dont look to be original either.
for the record this thing sounds killer the pickups in it are amazing for lead (rhythm not so much), yeah the paint is rough but to play its a dream, and you are right the neck is great, since its old maple the fretboard looks like an old gymnasium floor, it looks similiar to Alex Skolnick's guitar from the Testament Over The Wall video, the difference is that his is an earlier model which has the Fender style headstock, picked it up without locking nuts, and bridge for $100, craigslist was good to me that day!
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Is it the one of the right? Woah badass. And if Alex Skolnick used it then he´s a badass too!
what do you mean the one of the right? in the picture? it is the funky shaped one in the middle theres more pics if you click on it
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
no but that thing plays like a squire but the look makes up for it haha always gets laughs, EMGs will be put in it soon :]
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Nice

Congrats on the Kramer, I´ve played a few Kramers and they´re usually pretty good.
thanks, im also working on picking up an old BC Rich Gunslinger
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Quote by IbanezxXx
for the record this thing sounds killer the pickups in it are amazing for lead (rhythm not so much), yeah the paint is rough but to play its a dream, and you are right the neck is great, since its old maple the fretboard looks like an old gymnasium floor, it looks similiar to Alex Skolnick's guitar from the Testament Over The Wall video, the difference is that his is an earlier model which has the Fender style headstock, picked it up without locking nuts, and bridge for $100, craigslist was good to me that day!

Yeah the old strat head Kramer's are the ones to get, were not nearly as many made and sold before Fender got involved with lawsuits! Dude, for $100 you scored big time!!! Every seen what a maple board beak goes for in evilBay?
That is most likely a JB in the bridge if its the original one.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the Gunslinger is sweeet! Good luck and post pics!
Last edited by halo71 at Jun 30, 2009,
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1245858397.html there is the pic of the gunslinger, i told the guy 100 cause i think it will need work because he needed to say as is, as well as most posts without details are suspicious
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Go to his house, then look at the bridge. Look carefully at the blades on the bridge and tell him that grooves are worn in, meaning you´ll have to buy a new bridge. Whether or not it´s true (it probably is unfortunately), try it. He might let it go for 100 then.
Those beak necks are the ones to get, halo is right on. I got one and its the best neck I've ever played. Nice to see you over here by the way halo as well as on KF
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by IbanezxXx
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/msg/1245858397.html there is the pic of the gunslinger, i told the guy 100 cause i think it will need work because he needed to say as is, as well as most posts without details are suspicious

You should do some research, but either way $100 is a deal I think. I am thinking that is not a real Gunslinger. NEver seen an NJ Slinger before. Could be wrong though.

THanks DSOT!
yes i do love this neck, I will keep this and play it along with my BC RIch Virgin (coil tapped with a george lynch in the bridge) NJ Series, and Charvel Model 5

but quick question if I wanted to paint it do I need to take it apart and only have the body, or can i use tape to cover the parts i don't want painted?
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX