Hey,

I was sked this question today "if you are born blind,what are your dreams like,do you see things based on your other senses, or are you still blind in your dreams?"

What do you think?

Thanks ug
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Because you have no idea what the sense is, your dreams are based more on audio, touch and smell i would assume.
Quote by <SpaceTime>

+1 seriously, how is anyone supposed to know unless they're blind? and if they're blind how would they be able to read this thread?
Quote by CoreysMonster
+1 seriously, how is anyone supposed to know unless they're blind? and if they're blind how would they be able to read this thread?

Microsoft Sam?
h ijf born bssin and i osjgn haee a hire time reaiiiiign thrids
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by CoreysMonster
nah.

Yes, if I remember correctly, there was a person here a few months ago who was blind and made a thread about it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Karvid
Yes, if I remember correctly, there was a person here a few months ago who was blind and made a thread about it.

damn.
Quote by Don_Humpador
Your dreams are in your imagination, not your eyes.

Yes but I think what he's getting at, is because you wouldn't see, you would never interpret any "normal" visuals. So what their dreams look like?

But still. I have to agree with the.. this thread sucks - sorry :P
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
If a person can actually see, then turns blind, that person would be able to explain how it feels to dream when blind.

I presume there's no big difference. You maybe feel more shapes and stuff in dreams?
DeVillains!
A better question is: If your brain was somehow rewired to include some sort of sixth sense, after experiencing it would you be able to think about that sense/dream about it in the same way you see things, taste things, and hear things in your imagination?
EEG scans of congenitally blind people suggest that they can dream despite never having had visual stimulus, although an EEG scan only measures the active parts of your brain, so even though the visual section of your brain is active, there is still a debate over whether blind people literally see in their dreams, or whether it is simply that the visual section of their brain is active for some other reason.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Quote by Karvid

I remember that. I asked him what he felt and thought when people talked about colours. That guy was awesome.
hello
Quote by Karvid

You got a link?
kthxbai.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
h ijf born bssin and i osjgn haee a hire time reaiiiiign thrids

LMAO!!!!
Yeah there was a blind guy on UG a while ago who answered pretty much everyone's questions.
Quote by Hell Kaiser Ryo
this

nobody says this from now on, okay?
the question is perfectly legitimate, and within the scientific community, there is not a complete agreement on the answer.
if people want to discuss this, let them, as it is definitely discussion-worthy.
Quote by Machanix
We play guitar.... we're automatically on top of the world.

Life Is A Lemon And I Want My Money Back!

A Wasted Youth
Is Better By Far
Than A Wise And Productive Old Age

Good Girls Go To Heaven, But The Bad Girls Go Everywhere!
Does anybody have a link to the blind-guy thread. I'm very curious.
- ---------
-- --------
--- -------
---- ------
----- -----
------ ----
------- ---
-------- --
--------- -
Born without eyes,
Hands and
Half a brain.
Be born addicted
To cocaine.
Quote by jimmyled
Born without eyes,
Hands and
Half a brain.
Be born addicted
To cocaine.

Living Monstrosity!!!, Idk what its gotta do with this thread but whateva,
Blind people still dream because it's only the eyes that stop working, since the part of the brain that deals with images isn't damaged it should be fine for the blind dude.
Quote by Ikonoklast
This comment has just made me cry with laughter. You = Win.
Quote by bendystraw
Because you have no idea what the sense is, your dreams are based more on audio, touch and smell i would assume.

+1, I guess blind people pickup more things, because they can concentrate on that thing alone.
Quote by MightyAl
Isn't it odd, that Iron Man is a superhero, whereas "iron, woman!" is a command?

EAT MY ASS AND BALLS.
lol @ <SpaceTime>

I agree with the imagination thing though, blind people haveto imagine what stuff might look like based on texture sound and smell and stuff, right?
Quote by Erik_Aero
Yeah there was a blind guy on UG a while ago who answered pretty much everyone's questions.

oh wow +1
Quote by Ikonoklast
This comment has just made me cry with laughter. You = Win.