well i plan on getting a new guitar with passives in it this summer, i dont know what yet but i want to experiment with different pups and see what id like
i came across trembuckers on seymourduncan.com and they look pretty good, but there seems to be a difference between humbuckers and trembuckers. im guessing it has something to do with a tremolo unit but idk.
so is there a difference?
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

i should have read the thread
From a site:

"Trembucker" is Seymour Duncan's brand name for their wider-spaced humbucking pickups, designed to fit the string spacing most commonly associated with Floyd Rose or vintage vibrato bridges (often called tremolos) with a string spacing of 2.070" or 52.6mm, measured center-of-high-string-to-center-of-low-string over the bridge pickup. This spacing issue usually applies to the bridge position pickup only, which is why Trembuckers are recommended for the bridge position. "
Quote by darkcheef
From a site:

"Trembucker" is Seymour Duncan's brand name for their wider-spaced humbucking pickups, designed to fit the string spacing most commonly associated with Floyd Rose or vintage vibrato bridges (often called tremolos) with a string spacing of 2.070" or 52.6mm, measured center-of-high-string-to-center-of-low-string over the bridge pickup. This spacing issue usually applies to the bridge position pickup only, which is why Trembuckers are recommended for the bridge position. "

as he said, it has nothing to do with the sound, it's just spacing differences
almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b
Last edited by tukk04 at Jun 26, 2009,
thank you... :O
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09
No, just disregard all the posts in this thread that say that the tone is noticeably worse when it's dying...

You called the threadstarter a noob? As if you knew everything about guitars when you started. Pretty dumb comment, sounds like you just made a post to be able to use the term n00b and make yourself feel better.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by DSOTM80
You called the threadstarter a noob? As if you knew everything about guitars when you started. Pretty dumb comment, sounds like you just made a post to be able to use the term n00b and make yourself feel better.

Noob = Newbie, so hes correct when he uses it
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by Snapple
Noob = Newbie, so hes correct when he uses it

It was still a jackass thing to do.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
im a poor little n00b
Quote by tukk04

almost forgot...
thats for you TS/n00b

Quote by timeconsumer09

Bea in mind that for Seymour Duncan specifically, trembuckers are also physically slimmer and longer than humbuckers, so most guitars require one or all of a new pickguard, new mounting ring or re-routing. Plus they're nearly impossible to install on any carved top guitar. I don't know why SD do this since every other brand in the world makes trembuckers to normal humbucker dimensions, but there you go.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.