Well, I've been in "2 bands" so far. The reason they are in quotes is because they lasted maybe a week and we got nothing done. My first band was with a great friend playing drums, someone I didn't really know playing lead guitar and a somewhat close friend playing Bass. Back then I was like 3 weeks into guitar and the drummer was like 5 days into drums. The lead guitarist rarely showed up and the bassist didn't want to play unless the guitarist was there. Long story short, it was destined to fail anyway. I then recently wen tback to the bassist and asked him if he wanted to start up a new band. He said sure and we recruted my neighbor as a drummer. 3 weeks later, with no practices or anything, the bassist says he is too busy and can't play. Then my drummer says he would like to continue, but he was already in 2 bands, so he couldn't put much attention into this "band". So really, it is just me. This isn't too bad, because I play bass, guitar and I'm "learning" how to sing. The only problem is drums. I could use a drum simulator, but I don't know how well that would work. So my question:

Should I just use the drum simulator or should I have the drummer create various drum rhythems on his own time and then just apply my songs to them? Since I don't play drums I will for sure have to ask him to record the drum sequences for the covers of bands I plan to play. But what about for my original songs. How should I go about doing this? And no there aren't any drummers in my school that are willing to play my genres. Everyone there is basically punk and my neighbor, while punk, is insane with the metal drums and the only one.

Thanks.
Write your own songs with a drum simulator. Then when you do get a drummer you'll be able to play them the songs and straightaway they'll have an idea of what you'd like them to play. If you get the drummer to make some drum rhythms you've got to wait for him to get around to it and also you've got to fit the music to him. That is unless you write the music first and them get him to write the drum parts, but then he may as well be in the band!
Love the way you've phrased that - "Now out! Microsoft Drum Simulator 2009".

In all honesty, there's no point relying heavily on someone who's either too busy or too inexperienced. This drummer sounds like a decent guy for the occasional bit of jamming, but will hold your songwriting back.

Do your writing solo, and then when you assemble a full band you can take the songs to them and let the band shape them. You shouldn't need to say 'right, bass player does this, drummer does this...', a good band should e able to take your original (acoustic) music and add their own personalities and sounds to it, without changing the songs themselves.

As for the covers you're recording, what is this for exactly?

Note: Paragraphs are your friend