yes but the wound .026w is gonna be a bitch to bend, i have the ernie ball 12 - 56's with no wound third string = much easier.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
yes as long as they fit within your nut and also you have the guitar set up properly.

This, and it also depends on the scale of you guitar's fretboard. The longer the scale, the tighter the strings.

I use my .52s for Drop C and sometimes B, and it's not too bad.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
I've tried Ernie Balls before (The Not Even Slinky's as well as the the standard set) and they break really fast for me and I've been using the D'Addario's and I like them much better.
Quote by bagpipemetal
I've tried Ernie Balls before (The Not Even Slinky's as well as the the standard set) and they break really fast for me and I've been using the D'Addario's and I like them much better.

thats strange, because I used to use the D'addario 10 - 52 set and I kept breaking strings, then when I switched to the Ernie Ball Not Even Slinky's I havent broken a string yet, but its probably just because of the thicker gauge
Quote by bagpipemetal
The scale of my guitar is 25.5"

I've gotten to Drop C on a 25.5" with .9s, but it was pretty loose. Standard tuning would be very tight with that gauge. I'd suggest getting it set up professionally if you're going to take this route.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Maybe I just had a bad set but I'm still sticking with the D'Addario's.

I'm mostly going to play in Drop C but Was just wondering what would happen if I put it in standard? (I need two guitars)

Thanks for the help!
Last edited by bagpipemetal at Jun 26, 2009,
13's in E Standard will exert about 178 pounds of pressure. Standard pressure with 10's is around 100 pounds. Your neck won't explode instantly but it will have too much relief right off the bat. Leave it that way long enough and wood may start to shift or crack.
This space foreclosed, due to the ailing economy.