Hi.

first time poster here, I have a Jackson Demmelition King V with an 81 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck with a 3way toggle (tele style). The 60 works fine but I get really low output from the 81. I think its something to do with the connection from the battery may be loose?

It has a FR trem and was setup by the shop poorly (very much so) so I re-did it myself a few months later (I'm a bit lazy) hehe
After I did it, without touching any of the wires (they are not accessible from the back of the guitar with/without the backplate) I set the pickup back a little to match the new action of the guitar and it now has a massive volume loss!

I dont want to take off the strings to get to the pickups unless I have to as setting this thing up is a b!tch!
Tried that, made no difference!
the pickup is no more than 10mm from the strings, this works fine in the ESP EX-400 I have with the same setup (LP style switch but pups are the same)
you never had this problem before? if not change batteries and then you may need to rewire but change batteries first
Changed batteries to no avail also.
Is there really no other option?

Edit- No, never had this problem before with any active pups! (have on a long gone eppiphone les paul though)
Jackson Demmelition King V | ESP LTD EX-400
ESP LTD V-400 | Gibson Les Paul Custom

Mesa Boogie Triple Rec | Peavey 6506+

Last edited by Chaos GoW at Jun 26, 2009,
Thanks for your help dude!
I'm very greatful
although if some hero wants to come along and save me, that would be great!
Any other Ideas?
Jackson Demmelition King V | ESP LTD EX-400
ESP LTD V-400 | Gibson Les Paul Custom

Mesa Boogie Triple Rec | Peavey 6506+

Check all the solder joints, something is loose, or not connected. Chances are that the 81 isn't connected to the battery.