Hey guys, I have been contemplating getting rid of my Mesa Dual Rectifier and buying an Orange Rocker 30 or preferribly a Rockerverb 50. I really play a wide variety of music. I'm a huge metal fan, but I also play in a classical guitar ensemble at school so I really do play a huge range of tunes. The mesa is great for the heavy stuff but really lacks in most other departments comparatively. What I am wondering is if the Orange can get those brutal tones I desire. From what research I have done, many say yes and many say no. Would the Orange sound heavy with my Maxon OD808 in front of it? What do you guys think?

Thanks!
joshuaestock.com
With the amount of money you're throwing around, I'd definitely test them out in store instead of relying on other people's opinion.
I'd go for a Budda Superdrive 45 over the Rocker 30, but that's just me...

The Rocker should be able to do metal esp. with an OD. See if you can try one out.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Xhale1
u can try usind a soldano slo 100?? but yeah boon is right

I love the lead tone of the SLO100 but that's all. They are kind of a one trick pony.
joshuaestock.com
Quote by JEST87
I love the lead tone of the SLO100 but that's all. They are kind of a one trick pony.

yeahh thats true. well atleast ur mesa didnt die. mine did =/ and now im using my old stupid spider that I didnt ask for =(. have u looked into a triaxis?
Quote by Xhale1
yeahh thats true. well atleast ur mesa didnt die. mine did =/ and now im using my old stupid spider that I didnt ask for =(. have u looked into a triaxis?

I have not, but I'm afraid it may be out of my budget. I'm almost jaded with Mesa products if you know what I mean. I'm just looking for a change. Maybe Bogner?
joshuaestock.com
Quote by JEST87
I have not, but I'm afraid it may be out of my budget. I'm almost jaded with Mesa products if you know what I mean. I'm just looking for a change. Maybe Bogner?

ohhh okay.u can try that if u want. not sure what kind of amps u want but g/l!
Quote by JEST87
Maybe Bogner?

would be a good call. vht too. i haven't tried the slo, but i've tried the avenger and i thought it kicked ass- wasn't a one-trick pony if you ask me, but then different people have different ideas of what one trick is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
what is your budget??
there are alot of boutique brands like Peters, Mako, Titan etc. that you should consider too.

and the Rocker cant really do the Br00tz alone but idk if it could do it with an OD.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

lol. orange can do metal with a good od, but it will never be as good as a recto. recto is pretty much the best in that dept. try it out. too much cash to be flinging around everywhere. very easy to regret.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
The Rockerverb50 CAN get into metal gain territory, but isn't really voiced correctly for modern metal. However a good OD can make it do what you need. Seriously, kids need to stop commenting on amps they've obviously never even played.
Quote by BoonMcNougat
With the amount of money you're throwing around, I'd definitely test them out in store instead of relying on other people's opinion.

+1
As far as versatility goes, the Mesa is one of the best amps for it.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

a recto isn't that versatile. it's not a one-trick pony, but i wouldn't call it versatile either, there are plenty of more versatile high-gainers, if you ask me.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
a recto isn't that versatile. it's not a one-trick pony, but i wouldn't call it versatile either, there are plenty of more versatile high-gainers, if you ask me.

+1
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I vote for the soldano personally, also look into a diezel einstein or an engl blackmore. Those three are around 2500 if im not mistaken? but yea look into bogner as well, I love the one I just bought.... but for you id say the uberschall, its got more balls than a recto, but also a beautiful clean. It can do everything inbetwen aswell.
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.