Hey, I was wondering if i could use my already owned Traynor Tubemate 30see it here as a head for a marshall AVT 412xA i am looking to buy see it here .

i am trying to do this because i can not yet afford a good brand name head, and i am trying to spend the least ammount possible.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Does the Traynor have an output jack? If so, make sure the ohms match up on both the head and cab. Also, use a SPEAKER cable to connect, not an INSTRUMENT cable.
you're honestly just better off saving for a new amp. Im a dedicated marshall user but i will tell you that cab isn't the best.

i have a traynor WR40 combo that i've used as a head into a 2x12. it sounds pretty good but if you really have your eyes set on another amp/head, go for that. just save your money and hold out.
Epi Les Paul Standard (vintage sunburst with SD pearly gates pickup in the bridge and SD Alnico II Pro in the neck)
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50
Avatar 2x12 (vintage 30 and marshall heritage speakers)
Crybaby 535Q
Boss CE-5
Boss GE-7
Boss TU-2
the traynor has a headphone jack, line out jack, and an effects foot switch jack. and what do you mean by speaker cable not instrument cable?
the combo isnt loud enough compared to another band mate who uses a peavey windsor half stack
so by using a 30w combo amp and hooking it up to a 200w cabinet. i will still only get 30 watts of power?
Quote by JOEL027
the traynor has a headphone jack, line out jack, and an effects foot switch jack. and what do you mean by speaker cable not instrument cable?

Go to your local music shop. There's a difference between speaker and instrument cables. Use a speaker cable from head to cab or combo to cab or whatever. Speaker cables for speakers .. instrument cables for instruments
ok. and one more question. by plugging my 30w tube combo amp into a 200w cabinet will i still only get 30w of power? or will it be a little louder?
I presume you're not in an instrumental band.. Just buy a mic and hook it up to your PA.
If video games make you violent, does monopoly make you a millionaire?
I don't think you can hook it up to the cab anyway. It sounds like the amp does not have an output jack. How is the speaker in the combo attached to the head? Can it be unplugged?

The line out jack should just be line level, like for recording but not for running to a cab.

Also, if you use an instrument cable to hook up to a speaker cab, it could blow your amp if it is all tube.

And, yes, you only get 30 w of power though it may sound bigger because you are pushing more air around.
Last edited by Zacher at Jun 26, 2009,