I have a DSL connection, and I'm downloading a few torrents from demonoid. However, I'm apparently downloading them at 15 MB/s, and uploading at 6.36 MB/s. Has something like this happened to you, or is there something wrong with my computer?
Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

youre downloading at 15 megabytes a second? wow.

im sure its possible, but not with the internet speed i buy, we get max of like 256 kb/s

the highest i ever got on a torrent was 130 kb/s
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
I download at 150 kb/s max, and i thought that was fast
"My jedi powers are far more superior than yours"
Glitch in the matrix..?
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Super cool speeds bro! Can I has your connection?

But for seriousness, yes it's possible. Upload speeds are always slower.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

yeah, me too, which is why I think it's ridiculous. I never reached over 400 kb/s before. I restarted, and it went back to normal, I think it was a glitch, considering my files didn't finish downloading in 30 seconds.

here's a picture from when it was still 9 mb/s
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

.........Can't you get warnings for posting about torrents?

just in case.

*Reported*

dintaxeuallydoit. <Say it so you'll get what I mean.
Humana humana humana. I want those speeds!

I've downloaded at 100kb/s and uploaded at 200kb/s. I was pissed.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by fearofthemark
yeah, me too, which is why I think it's ridiculous. I never reached over 400 kb/s before. I restarted, and it went back to normal, I think it was a glitch, considering my files didn't finish downloading in 30 seconds.

here's a picture from when it was still 9 mb/s

I can tell you're avatar isn't round because i one of teh gayz who uses like super ghey ug blak, man.

Still though i wish i had 9 mb/s for just like 15 sec on a download; I would get so excited.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by ieatu
.........Can't you get warnings for posting about torrents?

just in case.

*Reported*

dintaxeuallydoit. <Say it so you'll get what I mean.

torrents aren't illegal, and I'm not even mentioning what I'm downloading. In fact, it's Linux, so no, I'm not doing anything wrong.

edit:

I gotcha
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Last edited by fearofthemark at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by fearofthemark
torrents aren't illegal, and I'm not even mentioning what I'm downloading. In fact, it's Linux, so no, I'm not doing anything wrong.

Ah, ok. Didn't actually 'port.
I don't see anything with torrents, unless its copyrighted software he's downloading?

Damn, that beat my max speed by 14 mb/s
My max was 1mb/s once
Epiphone SG-G400.
Crate Flexwave 15W
Korg Toneworks Modeling Signal Processor AX3G
o.O

I get a average of about 750kbs on good ratio'd torrents and I'm happy. If I got that.... damn
Quote by National_Anthem
Quote by Weeping_Demon7

Worst-Atheists (because 90% of them are arrogant bastards)
Best- Music

90% of people are arrogant bastards, regardless of religion.
Last edited by Jabman at Jun 26, 2009,
Quote by Nevermind1299
It's most likely bits, not bytes

it was a glitch, anyway, it didn't actually download that fast, it deceived me

I think I'll delete this thread in a few minutes.
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22

Quote by Colton165
I can tell you're avatar isn't round because i one of teh gayz who uses like super ghey ug blak, man.

Still though i wish i had 9 mb/s for just like 15 sec on a download; I would get so excited.

I tried using black for a few days, then I had to get contacts
Quote by guitarxo

Quote by Bladez22