Hey UG

I'm thinking or purchasing a 1/2 stack amp, i need an amp that has nice vintage style cleans but screeching distortion.

I play Punk/Funk.

Any Ideas?

Max Budget £ 700.

Thanks UG
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by ChiliFan01
screeching distortion.

Care to describe your impression of "screeching distortion"?
i guess you mean good harmonic distortion? pinches etc?

do you want tube or hybrid or what?

id say look for one of the old Vox ADVT heads, the 100 watt hybrid ones.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

im looking for tube yes, i was thinking jcm800 but how is it on clean?
My Gig Rig...

Fender Straocaster or Gibson Les Paul Slash Special -->Lovepedal Amp 50 --> Boss DD-3 --> Crybaby(soon to be Wh10 reissue) --> Big Muff PI --> Boss DS-2 --> Marshall JCM 900
Quote by Silver-spear94
i guess you mean good harmonic distortion? pinches etc?

do you want tube or hybrid or what?

id say look for one of the old Vox ADVT heads, the 100 watt hybrid ones.

For 700 pounds i woulden't get a modeller, but thats me. Seriously though, the 18watter has great reviews and it's based off the old Marshall 18watter, it's got good plexi like tone and is loud enough to stand out in your band.
JCM2000 gets my vote
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by stykerwolf
For 700 pounds i woulden't get a modeller, but thats me. Seriously though, the 18watter has great reviews and it's based off the old Marshall 18watter, it's got good plexi like tone and is loud enough to stand out in your band.

+1
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

ever looked at Valvepower amps?

cheapest handwired boutique stuff ive seen.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

http://www.valvepower.co.uk/

check out the mark II cage amp

£280, handwired, 18 wattsm tube rectifier and all tube signal path, custom fitted with JJs.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

does the 800 handle cleans?
My Gig Rig...

Quote by Silver-spear94
ever looked at Valvepower amps?

cheapest handwired boutique stuff ive seen.

yeah, same here, i haven't tried it though. And it's not got many features if you need multiple footswitchable channels etc.

I still want one, of course.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
how about this and what is the best cab under £300
My Gig Rig...