Hello everyone!

I have a Guild Starfire V built in 1966 in my basement. I have no need for it, and I'm not sure what it's worth. I will need to be refinished to look good, but other than that I guess it's in good shape, it works.

What would you all suggest I do with it? Sell on ebay, or to a local shop, or does anyone want to make an offer?

I really don't know much about guitars, so I'm a bit lost.

Thanks!
dc
Yes, that is it. Mine is bright red.

What are we looking like, what would you suggest?

Thanks,
dc
Wow, It is in excellent condition. You could sell that for about about two thousand, more or less.
Last edited by The3818919 at Jun 26, 2009,
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. Would you guys suggest fixing it up then selling, or selling as is (the top where the wood is separating).

Thanks!
dc
Replace the strings, and polish it. It might go down in value if you re-finish it. Some people like to keep it as original as possible.
Quote by dadude712
Hey,

Thanks for the replies. Would you guys suggest fixing it up then selling, or selling as is (the top where the wood is separating).

Thanks!
dc

Is it possible to get a picture of where it is separating?
^ look at the headstock pic.

Depending on how bad it is, you can shot some glue in the crack and clamp it overnight and it should be fine. It just looks like the cap is coming off, its not very hard to fix.
Quote by littlemurph7976
^ look at the headstock pic.

Depending on how bad it is, you can shot some glue in the crack and clamp it overnight and it should be fine. It just looks like the cap is coming off, its not very hard to fix.

How i missed that i have no idea

I agree, throw a bit of glue in there (not too much, mind you) and clamp it for a while.
I missed it first time round too haha.

TS, make sure you use the right glue. I think TiteBond should do it, but you'd best check.
So once I glue the top, then get it appraised at a local shop, how should I sell it?

Ebay? Local Shop? Craigslist?

Thanks!
dc
Quote by dadude712
So once I glue the top, then get it appraised at a local shop, how should I sell it?

Ebay? Local Shop? Craigslist?

Thanks!
dc

Depending on how much it's worth, i would say ebay would be most likely to fetch the highest amount since there will be people worldwide looking at it.