What is a good book that is kinda like Fight Club? If anyone has read anything by the author of Fight Club and thinks one of his other books are good then tell me. I need something to read for a research paper for next year and I wanna hurry up and get it done.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Check out Haunted, by the same author. It's pretty intense. Plus, the first story is sure to gross you out at least a little.
Also by Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) I've read Haunted, Choke, and I'm half way through Snuff. I'd reccomend any of them. But maybe you'd like Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.
Stop by the Lit & Good Book Thread, TS

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Hmm... I think I will check a lot of these books out. Thanks.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Quote by filthandfury
Also by Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club) I've read Haunted, Choke, and I'm half way through Snuff. I'd reccomend any of them. But maybe you'd like Trainspotting by Irvine Welsh, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson.

umm is haunted that one with messed up masterbation stories?
GO Islanders!

J!E!T!S! JETS JETS JETS!!!!!
Quote by Archaon
Check out Haunted, by the same author. It's pretty intense. Plus, the first story is sure to gross you out at least a little.

Besides the short stories Haunted was a sloppy mess that bored me.

If you liked Fight Club I suggest Survivor (which I think is just as good as Fight Club), Choke, and Lullaby by the same author. Invisible Monsters is pretty good too.

Honestly though, Fight Club is Palahniuk's best book. Everything else tries a little to hard to play off of the same style and some of it comes across as forced.
Quote by blackflag49
Don't read Atlas Shrugged you will turn into an asshole.

Why?
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Weird...I just finished that book. I loved it though! I would like to know similar books too
SPACE FOR RENT
Quote by Twisted Magnum
WTF?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlas_Shrugged

Just as symbolic as striking as Fight Club if you really get into it.

I severely doubt that reading a book will make you an asshole TS.

So do I. lol

I am gonna check into that and Survivor by the author of Fight Club (I can't remember his name for more than a minute lol).

Atlas shrugged looks like a beast of a book.
Quote by Tyler Durden

Erowid
Last edited by RockGuitar92 at Jun 26, 2009,
you like fight club?

the cosmetics of evil by amelie nothomb. read it, believe me. you will freaking love it. it's only about 190 pages long anyway, but one of the most brilliant stories I've ever read.
Something you might like that's maybe a bit more high brow than Fight Club, Love in the Days of Rage by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. It's short and about an anarchist banker.
Quote by blackflag49
Something you might like that's maybe a bit more high brow than Fight Club, Love in the Days of Rage by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. It's short and about an anarchist banker.

Would like to read this...but well, I don't live near a library...is there an ebook of it somewhere?
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
american psycho
the beach
anything by charles bukowski
anything by chuck palahniuk
anything by destoyevsky
anything by hunter s. thompson
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by rock.freak667
Would like to read this...but well, I don't live near a library...is there an ebook of it somewhere?

Don't know, I got a used copy for like a buck.
Defiantly Survivor by the same author is one to check out, by far the best book I've ever read.
Quote by coryklok
My god.

Your username... it's amazing.

Yup.